CCCI coil pack and Ignition Module wiring?

Jim Ayres

:confused: Can someone tell me which wires on the Ignition Module go to which sides of the coil pack? Such as 1,3,5 side and 2,4,6 side. I just had two units checked out at O'Reilly's and both checked good, but I noticed that the two were hooked up differently. I figure this matters, maybe it doesn't, but I would like to know for sure

Thanks, Jim

doesnt matter which side the wires to the coil from the module go
the blue with the three connectors goes to one side (pick a side) the otheres go blue (6-3)/ green (2-5) / yellow (4-1), looking from the ign mod connector thats blue, green , yellow

, if you look at the coil pack at the bottom edge of each coil youll see the numbers for which plug that coil tower feeds . when you connect the plug wires to that coil you can reverse them with no harm, for example if you had somehow swapped the 6-3 wires to the 3-6 towers the car will run as normal because both #6 and #3 plugs are fired at the same when that coil fires . it's the same for the 4-1 and 5-2 coils

when wiring up the plug wires on the type11 coils ,where all the wires are at the firewall side ,the wires fit better if you swap them instead of sticking to the numbers .

i cant post the pic here but do a search ,john spina (caspers electronics) has posted the link to the coil wiring diagram at his site several times on this board