You can type here any text you want

Cent. FL Club Member

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

batmansbuick

Superhero
Hello all,

Just wanted to let everyone know the sad news that club member Fred Borthwick passed away last week. As many of you know, Fred was battling illness for several months.

Fred played an important part in our clubs 'revival' during the past 5 years. His sportwear company printed our popular club T-Shirts which helped our identity in the Turbo Buick community and united us as a club. It should be known that Fred created those shirts for us making virtually nothing for himself, as he wanted all of the money to go back into the club.

Recently, his car was featured in the November 03 GM High Tech Performance, and ran a best ever pass of 10.12 @ 133 which ranks fourth on our club times list. His close friend Cal Hartline told me Fred's wife, Rosally, called the GN his 'Fountain of Youth' because it kept him young.

Personally, I'll remember Fred for going above and beyond for the club. Once he and his wife drove all the way into Orlando to meet me and deliver a batch of club shirts that we needed for a show the next day. He could have mailed them, or I could have drove to Melbourne, but he insisted we meet up. Thats the kind of guy Fred was, the kind of guy we'll all miss.

We'll be taking some time at this weekends meeting to honor Fred, and will have a card for everyone to sign, so stop by if you can.

George Macedo
CFGNT President

My prayers go out to the Borthwick family.:(

Also I would like to thank you George for being a great leader for the CFGNT , your the best.

Jesse

Wow this is very sad news..... My deepest condolences go out to Fred's family and friends.... It sure sounds like he was a very nice guy and I'd like to think he's now in a better place.....

Steve

Fred, A great man, a very special and dear friend. From the day i met him he demonstrated what Fast with Class meant. Even during his last days he kept his wits and always wanted to hear how our cars were running.

Lots of us know of Freds work, his company designed lots of the event shirts you may own,From BG to Buicks at Bristol .He was one of the 1st guys to run a T70 turbo on a stock block when this was considered a huge turbo many, many years ago. He was also the guy who owned the car that had the motor swapped in the Motel parking lot a BG as shown in a old Nats video:cool:

Fred was a part of our Buick family and we all miss him greatly.

Back