You can type here any text you want

center console and shifter handle removal

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ny84ttype

Hi: I own a 1984 T-Type . I am replacing the carpeting and need to know how to remove the T handle on the shifter so I can then remove the center console. Thanks for the help Mike

The T-handle should come off by simply removing the retaining ring. Look at the base of your handle and there should be a slot and a ring that can be removed.

Is the 84 diff from the 86-87? On these later Regals, the shifter handle is removed by prying out a retaining clip right under the right hand top piece. Use a little screwdriver to pry out what looks like a staple. Then the handle pulls straight up and off.

Thanks for the info. Now how about the console ? I see two mounting screws when i take the shifter plate off but i do not see any more. Where are the are screws located? Mike

Thanks Brian, I thought so but what threw me off was the neat carpet padding the was secured to the inside floor of the box. Mike

Back