Central TX engine builder

TurboBrett

Mr. Bump
Looking for a good one to build my stocker up :)
I'm located in Austin but would drive it to DFW or Houston to get it done right.
thanks
-Brett

Have you considered Conley's here in Houston?
I personally haven't used them, but they are known nationwide for fast TRs. Maybe some Houston folks who have worked with them can comment.
Jeff

I'd like to hear some experiences.
I have only heard a few opinions, but they are all synonymous with "Good, fast, but he breaks a lot of stuff".

That would be with more regard to higher perf. S1s and S2s, not sure about stockers.
I dont think I have ever met a customer though, so anything I have heard is just someones opinion.

-Brett

Hope your not in a hurry. There are a few engine builders in the DFW area. Most rebuilders I know of including "Humble/Houston", take 3-5 months before you see your car running. I should know. :( Lets see....Is this no. 5....6...., lost count.

I'd consider buying a built S1 if I really had to wait that long!
man....that sucks.
Thanks for the info!
-Brett

A "built S1" ?. Do a search on this. Most stage builds, from scratch, seem to take 8 months plus to gather the parts and get the car running. Also, there may be only several builders in Texas that could handle that order. Good luck. Love to have a stage engine.

I could have bought a stage engine here, needing heads and maybe new bearings, maybe not.
I'd take advantage of one of those guys that get bit by the bug and neeeeeed an S2, so they are foced to sell their S1. ;)

-Brett

Regal Perf here in Austin is pretty happy with their engine guy, maybe you could ask them a few questions.

TurboTR

Brett,
Without fail, make sure the engine rebuilder you use has rebuilt buick turbo engines successfully. If no experience with proof, walk away. I know of a local chevy rebuilder that nearly destroyed a buick block on a rebuild. I would rather wait for 3-5 months and have it done right. (Of course I've waited 5 months and had it done wrong before... It can happen.)

Yeah, try 260-7010 after about 6p. Ask for Tim. I was just up there getting some header cracks welded last week. BuickTR on here had his rebuilt recently by the same engine guy.

TurboTR

Off topic -

Do you know who that is running around with a two-tone T-type?
Sure sounds built nice :)

How is your car coming along?

-Brett

Could be my buddy Steve with the WH1. It has good potential and looks real nice.

Mine is coming along nicely, stepped up the power some more Sat :) Poor street slicks, I think they spin a little now in high gear on a 60 punch when the boost + nawzzz kick in :) The whole d*mn car lifts wayyy up and tweaks sideways a bit, then it just rockets off...

TurboTR

I like to start out at the Oak Hill show, then the late gathering currently is at the Taco Cabana lot in the 360 and 183 area. Just up the road a block or two from the old Circuit City spot.

TurboTR

Taco Cabana 183 & 360...
The WH1 I saw was leaving that area, weekend before last, must be your friend.

Maybe I will catch you this weekend.
-Brett

Brett,
Give Brian Beck a call @ T's Machine here in Austin - number is 512-834-8138. He has built at least 6 trubo motors, probably more. Most of us are pretty happy with his work. If you need references e-mail me.

I had my motor built @ School of automotive Machinist # 713 683 3817 here in Houston. They do good work. I recommend them. They built my motor in two months.

Good Luck.

Give Kyle at House of speed A call,They built my motor and they did a kick ass job. Kyle has also built the motor in my dad's Dodge viper so he is a trustworthy person. His number is 281-821-3559, tell them sammy sent you.

I have also heard good things from Regal Performance.

Todd,

Seems we have plenty of TR Bucks around here now. We'll get Brad from Georgetown to bring some of his toys and make a showing..

later...