Century coupe turbo build

84buickregal

now that my 84 regal is nearing completion, thinking about selling it and starting a new build. I would like an 78-80 buick Century coupe. I have a few things in mind im considering.

1. drivetrain im considering two choices, either the lc2/200r4 (4.1) from a GN or the l36/4l60e(l67 block) from a new v6 firebird.

2. Im assuming since its a gbody that the GNs drivetrain is a direct bolt in but what is the approx weight of the century? Are parts from other cars interchangeable between them? I heard the 78-80 regals hood swap over as well as the gns whole front end? can anyone confirm this?

It would weigh about the same as a regal. Why would you want to put a GN front end on a Century? Wouldn't the whole point of a Century be that it isn't another Regal?

century reasons

wow thats extrememly dissappointing, i thought the century would be alot lighter (+/- 3000k lbs). Im not building this for uniqueness in a sense of admiration, im doing it for uniqueness @ the track and for sleeper appeal and to be cheap. i can get a complete l36/4l60 for about $300 including tax. I dont consider GNs or turbo regals as sleepers anymore. Everyone who knows em knows they are quick. I would consider a regal front end because they are very easy to find all over u-pull its, the century well ive never actually seen one in person, so i know they are rare.

now that my 84 regal is nearing completion, thinking about selling it and starting a new build. I would like an 78-80 buick Century coupe. I have a few things in mind im considering.

1. drivetrain im considering two choices, either the lc2/200r4 (4.1) from a GN or the l36/4l60e(l67 block) from a new v6 firebird.

2. Im assuming since its a gbody that the GNs drivetrain is a direct bolt in but what is the approx weight of the century? Are parts from other cars interchangeable between them? I heard the 78-80 regals hood swap over as well as the gns whole front end? can anyone confirm this?

I have a long term project like your idea #1.
Century coupes ave. about 3200#+
The drivetrain should swap out. The frames are the same size.
the hoods are the same for the 78-80 (81) Regals.
Many interior parts swap (dash, console, seats) but the hood is about the only sheet metal that is interchangeable.
The Century is narrower, and much shorter (all at the nose). Swapping a GN front would be a major project. The side curves are not the same. The fenders and doors bulge out more on the Regals.
Good luck :biggrin:

T-charged; 3200lbs is what i keep hearing but what i dont understand is how the Century could be smaller, similiarly equiped and still be the same weight? I guess ill scrap the front end swap then but are any other cars interchangeable with it, maybe a Malibu, 442 or Grand Am that year. I prolly wont be using the lc2 drivetrain, maybe the 8.5 rear but i would like to jump up to the L67/4l60e. It seems alot more efficient and available.

I see your from Bethlehem, craziest part is i live in the lehigh valley area too. I'm on the Southside of allentown, near the woodies. Do you wanna sell one of your bodies? interested in a trade of some sort?

I have 2 bodies I would be willing to let go, but both are pretty rough. The front ends are apart. Always willing to discuss.
PM sent.