Certified!

JoyOf6

In these parts, the NHRA Division 4 tech inspector flies into town once a year to perform chassis inspections, and last Saturday was the day. If you fail, you pretty much have to take a long trip to Oklahoma, Dallas, Houston, etc., to get another inspection after corrections are made.

My car's cage passed and I got the numbered chassis certification sticker applied to it. You hear that Neal, I finally got it done :) I got half-way through my licensing runs on Sunday before the race was called due to high crosswinds and blowing dust, so I'll have to wait a few weeks before I can finish up.

Art

Congratulations Art :) And please keep us posted on the cert runs too with all that new hdw :)

TurboTR

CONGRATULATIONS ART !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I'm glad you were able to get it done. I know the feeling about not passing since I had my car changed from a roll bar to a roll gage. I am lucky enough to have a tech office close and did pay to have the tech inspector come twice. First to look and tell us what was ok and the second time to get the little blue sticker with the numbers on it :D

Dang, they stopped the race because of high winds? That must have been a good cold front come in for sure, but I'm sure you will get your last runs in with no problems.

Looking forward to seeing you at San Antonio.

Again Congratulations

Neal

Thanks guys. It really was nice to get this done and watch as that sticker was applied.

Neal, I also had my roll bar revised into a cage, so I'm carrying more weight than necessary. The crosswind that kicked up Sunday afternoon was stiff and had strong gusts and blowing dust, a typical Spring afternoon occurrence in this area. After the starting line was engulfed by a dust devil as the tree dropped in a Round 1 elimination between 8-sec cars, the owner called it off. Todd, I'm not expecting my other new hardware to net significant gains, just hoping to get back to par. The new fuel system will handle anything I could possibly need, and the intake was a "want it, don't need it" kind of thing.

Art

Congrats Art -

glad to hear you are getting it all together - I didn't nearly have it as rough as others I guess...

take care
Winsett

Yo, Scott!

The piecemeal approach of going from a bar to a cage definitely adds an extra hassle layer. I wish I had the cage done the first time around. Long strange trip...

Hope to see you and the beast this season.

Art

good laugh -

"Hope to see you and the beast this season."

~ well I hope to see you as well, but I am doing some new things to the car that may have it down for a little while longer than I expected. We were out a few weekends ago testing on the usuall 1/8th mile and I am just still not happy with the way the car 60's so we are making little changes here and there as well as try and adjust things with the 4 link... not to complicated of things but a little here and some there if you know what I mean. After I get to where I want the car leaving, we are going to shed some of the 3500lbs - my fiberglass stuff came in yesterday in fact so that is the next action item. Also on the agenda is to add a few more bars to the cage as well as a pro-stock head loop - these and a few other big things are keeping the car 'layed' up in the shop <lol>

on a side note we did go faster in the 1/8th while testing than we ever had before (we had been 5.3's while in OK last year) the problem has been getting it out of the whole hard and keeping it up on the tire - I think we have a handle on it now and with a few more test passes we should be good. I will have a truck load of stuff forsale here soon - anything you need?

take care
Winsett

Re: good laugh -

Originally posted by Winsett

...I am doing some new things to the car that may have it down for a little while longer than I expected. After I get to where I want the car leaving, we are going to shed some of the 3500lbs. Also on the agenda is to add a few more bars to the cage as well as a pro-stock head loop - these and a few other big things are keeping the car 'layed' up in the shop <lol>

That's cool, but too bad it won't be ready (?) for River City. We ought to hold the #1 qualifier spot open as a reality check for most of us "poseurs" ;)

Originally posted

on a side note we did go faster in the 1/8th while testing than we ever had before (we had been 5.3's while in OK last year).

Wish I had some side notes that wouldn't read like The Perils of Pauline. :eek:

Originally posted

I will have a truck load of stuff forsale here soon - anything you need?

Sure, just when I think I'm set for awhile... OK, please send me a list when you have it.

Art