You can type here any text you want

Champion Alt Bracket with P/S?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Reaper"

Gone To The Dark Side
I bought a used one and tring to install it. BUT.... THe alt will not bolt up . I'm using the upgraded alt from the Impala SS . The bracket on the back is to short. Does champion make a longer one for this up grade?

I hope I do not have to buy a stock alt.

Thanks
Shaun

A
I have a used one and no issues...pics may help
Are you using the upgraded impala alt or stock Buick alt?

preview_image_0_22136462x.jpg

preview_image_0_83374302x.jpg

There are both cs 144 cases. Post up a side pic as it looks like your close but need to maybe reposition a few things. I have a chrome 190 amp with no mount issues.

There's a small spacer that goes between the lower ear/tab that takes up the gap. I used a few extra washers on mine since I had to space out for belt alignment. But you see the spacer. Hth

But the br
There's a small spacer that goes between the lower ear/tab that takes up the gap. I used a few extra washers on mine since I had to space out for belt alignment. But you see the spacer. Hth

But the bracket is to short to make it to the bolt hole on the back to the alt.

Still not seeing what you mean. Can you get a pic with the back of the bracket and alternator up and the alt swung around and show where the shortcoming is. If the wide part of the alt mounted to the bracket ..while facing the rear is at say...2 o'clock the pos output post should be 9 or 10 oclock or so that wshould bring the other threaded bolt hole around to alight with bracket.
Answer me this how many threaded holes are in the rear of the case? Should be one near center and one kinda near edge.

Back