You can type here any text you want

Champion Block

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbodave231

Has anyone heard any updates on the progress of the Champion Cast Iron block?

I saw an unmachined casting at Indy and talked to Dick Bradshaw about it. Anyone have the inside scoop on when they will be available for sale?

Dave

Anyone talk to Tom about the new block? I remember the heads had some problems when they first came out, I'm sure the block will be around for a while before alot of people will want to touch it! Would love to know a real world date when they will be out, I can't wait!

I have been running a TA block and have been happy with the performance. If the Champion block cost is around $3000 dollars and the TA block is $3900, you might want to consider the aluminum block for the extra $900. It is about 70 lbs lighter, it can be repaired, and I find it recovers very quickly in terms of cool down after a run. I do not use the car on the street but I bet it has less issues in terms of heat with a big front mount intercooler.
Jeff

Jeff,

I've considered the TA block. Mike T. makes nice stuff. Lots of good reasons for going aluminum.

When I talked to Dick Bradshaw, he threw out a target price of $2500 for a new Champion cast iron block. Now before anybody gets crazy about that price.......That was just Dick throwing out a number. He's not selling the blocks, He's doing the pattern work for the molds for Champion.

If Champion comes through with a cast iron S2 block at that price, I'm IN!!!!
The price difference between $3900 and $2500 will pay for a nice Moldex crank (if you have a forging) or lot of other parts.

Even if the new block comes in slightly above the $2500 price, It's all good!! We get more choices......and we can stop paying crazy prices for non-existent, used up Busch left-overs.

Dave if you are looking for a stage block i know a man that has a few new on centers left for $3000.00 a piece. If you are interested let me know.

turbodave231 said:
Jeff,

I've considered the TA block. Mike T. makes nice stuff. Lots of good reasons for going aluminum.

When I talked to Dick Bradshaw, he threw out a target price of $2500 for a new Champion cast iron block. Now before anybody gets crazy about that price.......That was just Dick throwing out a number. He's not selling the blocks, He's doing the pattern work for the molds for Champion.

If Champion comes through with an iron S2 block at that price, I'm IN!!!!
The price difference between $3900 and $2500 will pay for a nice Moldex crank (if you have a forging) or lot of other parts.

Even if the new block comes in slightly above the $2500 price, It's all good!! We get more choices......and we can stop paying crazy prices for non-existent, used up Busch left-overs.

If it comes in at $2500, then I would have to agree with you. Maybe the competion will bring the price of the TA's down but I would not hold my breath.
Jeff

Back