You can type here any text you want

Champion GN1 heads - dumb questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Black Power

Ok set me straight here:

14 bolt heads can be used on the 8 bolt blocks like the 109s and the hotair blocks, correct?

Also, with a 14 bolt GN1 head, which ARP head bolt would you use? They are "taller" than the factory irons, so do they need a longer bolt?

I know the heads can be used they are on my 4.1 block, but as to the arp part number I'm not sure

Champion usually has the correct bolts in stock. The Al heads require longer bolts. Remember the 4.1 and Stg blocks along with early 3.8 blocks use a shorter bolt and stud that the 109 block. The thread in the 109 block is recessed 1/2" from the deck.

Ok set me straight here:

14 bolt heads can be used on the 8 bolt blocks like the 109s and the hotair blocks, correct?

Also, with a 14 bolt GN1 head, which ARP head bolt would you use? They are "taller" than the factory irons, so do they need a longer bolt?

If you are looking for a set of ARP studs for the GN1 heads I have a set of used but not abused (not overtorqued) studs. They didnt go on the new DLS engine because I forgot to send them to him, so he just put new ones on. These are for GN1 heads and a 109 block. $50 shipped

Thanks for the replies. I can't use the studs you have because I am not using a 109 block, I spun the mains on mine so it's sitting. This is a hotair block.

Back