Champion Valve Covers w/ AC?

Bent6

The Vanilla Gowilla
Looking for opinions on the fit of Champion valve covers for use on an AC equipped car with roller rockers. Don't want them to be a PITA to remove for valve lash adjustments. I know I can go with the low profile TAs or use spacers on the stock valve covers - just wondering about real world serviceability with the Champions.

I was going to ask the same question, but figured I wait till I had the items in my hands to look at. I thought worst case, go with studs and remove them.

I just got my GN1s put on with Champion valve covers, car has AC. Its a pretty tight fit, I removed the black heat shield from the AC box which helps a little.( a little tip from Jack Cotton ).
Bryan

They are a pain but not too bad. Getting the lower bolt near the firewall started is the toughest part. I have oil out of the breathers as do many others (do a search) with these valve covers. I am looking at going to the TAs as the breathers are mounted on the top. In hindsight, I would not buy them again.

P1000091.jpg
[/IMG]i to had to remove the heat shield. as for oil out the breathers jack cotton sells and breather kit the angles the breather straight up to eliminate the problem but by the looks how can you not buy them

I like my Champion valve covers a lot...I think they're easy to take off...on pass side just loosen the heater pipes and swing out of the way...I did remove the heat shield though...still don't think that would be a problem...the cover are angled at the bottom corners to fit better...

Attachments

• engine3.JPG
    engine3.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 191
i still have the heat shield with rollers you just have to swing the black heater core pipes out of the way

I have champion VC and love them. If it's a daily driver like mine they are hard to keep clean I think.

I removed the black shield as well.

to remove the drivers side is very easy.

to remove the passenger side you have to disconnect the heater core hoses like others have said. but I put felpro perma dry gaskets on and hope to not change for a long time.

-Jason
:D