change of plans

Current Stance seems "lacking".

Well post a few pictures of your car as it sits now. Those tire sizes will be huge on the car. I dont think youd want to go with that tire in the front. As far as trying to make it handle, jacking it up in the air isnt the answer. I would g with a set of 5658 fron springs, leave the stockers in the rear. Get a set of Bilstein shocks. Buy a set of 255/60's for the rear and leave the stock front tires on it. Start with that and see how you like it.

If you like that set up, start replacing old bushings with Moog replacements. Get a Good set of rear lower control arms, I like the Hotchkis or Metco lowers.

This is the current stance. Seems kinda weak to me.

Attachments

• My GN.jpg
    My GN.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 197
87s always sit high in the front 86 and older sat a little lower maybe 1 to 2 inches.

I want to raise the rear a bit to fix that issue. However, I don't want to mess up the handling. How much of a difference (height wise) would a set of 275-60R-15 on the rear make?

I raised mine with air bags I havent driven mime since the front was all rebuilt still havent put the new engine in yet. Hoping next week to get it done Ill let you know how it handles.

I say leave the rear where it is and install Moog 5658 springs in the front to make the car sit better. The 56588's will also increase spring rate and make the car handle much better. I think the rear height of your car is just fine right where it is for now. If you keep jacking the car up in the air to try to level it out, handling becomes an issue right away. Just bring the nose down a hair.

Getting Closer

I say leave the rear where it is and install Moog 5658 springs in the front to make the car sit better. The 56588's will also increase spring rate and make the car handle much better. I think the rear height of your car is just fine right where it is for now. If you keep jacking the car up in the air to try to level it out, handling becomes an issue right away. Just bring the nose down a hair.

How much would changing the front springs to the 5658's bring down the front? Also, should I replace the rear springs at all?

How much would changing the front springs to the 5658's bring down the front? Also, should I replace the rear springs at all?

Sometimes the stock springs are sagged enought that the 5658's dont drop the at all. We just did the swap on an 84 GN and the springs brought the car up 1/2". It really just depends on how much wear and tear are on your existing springs. But I will tell you that the end result of the 5658's have a nice ride height and an excellent spring rate that will help your car handle much better.

Leave the rears in there for now and see how the car reacts to some of the of other changes your going to make.

ther is a thread with good pics of stock VS Moog 5658 but I cant seam to find it now.