You can type here any text you want

Chasing High BLM's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1KWIKSIX

Suspect I have some vacuum leaks leading to my high BLM's (139 cold & 151 engine warmed up). INT's are perfect at 128. My boost /vacuum gauge reads 21 inches vacuum at idle. I'm going to inspect the vacuum lines closely for cracks and replace if req'd. Finally was planning on using some SS Safety Wire and Safety Wire Pliers to secure each hose . I've heard of people using a touch of hair spray on the hose barbs before inserting lines. Is there any other proven product used to help seal these lines? Thought I heard about using clear nail polish?....I was thinking if this was the case, I may select this.....as the small brush / applicator would allow a light coating around the entire circumference of the hose barb. Any suggestions or thoughts? Recently installed Extender Extreme Chip and GEN II Tran + LS1 MAF. Had noticed the AF previously was 05 with the stock MAF and TT chip but is reading considerably lower now with the new set up. AF is reading 02 on start up when engine is cold then goes to 01 when warmed up. I've heard that the AF readings are sometimes lower when using the extender chip? Is this normal?
Here's some readings off scan master after car warmed up.

AF 01
LB 21
BAT 13.0
INT 128
BL 151
CLT 173
At5 71
r 825-850
tps .46
IAC 19
cc 00

Anyone?

Thanks,
Dave

You have to double the readings when using an extender chip(02).reading would really be (04)

ummmmmm... if you are sure there ar NO vacuum leaks... thats what the translator is for .... so you can adjust fueling ;) every car is different but i can tell you at idle, with an LS1 MAF, i have my trnslator adding ~7% fueling at the low load... HTH

PS also when checking vacuum lines check the check valves too. they can go bad... but more than likely you need to tweak your translator settings.

You have to double the readings when using an extender chip(02).reading would really be (04)

He's using an Extender Extreme. You have to tripple the readings.

I'd rather see an AF of 02, not 01. 01 is kinda low even for an extreme G chip.

Make sure you have any and all vacuum leaks taken care of.

If you are really trying to chase down some vac leaks, or want to prove that there are none, do a search looking for instructions on pressurizing the intake system with an air compressor. Several guys have done it (including myself). Makes things easy with the engine off, just go around listening for air leaks. I found a leaky EGR valve with that method, and found that my throttle shaft seals worked when the throttle was closed but leaked something awful when the throttle was opened just little (and then leaked bad all the way to WOT). Wouldn't have found that last one with any kind of conventional leak finding approach.

John

Back