You can type here any text you want

Check these heads out

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

burnrubber

Would you install these heads as is, or do they need reworked, & how many miles would you estimate are WP_000624.jpgWP_000658.jpgWP_000660.jpgWP_000631.jpgWP_000642.jpg
WP_000658.jpg
WP_000642.jpg
on them?
WP_000624.jpg
WP_000658.jpg

that head is ready to use ..
as a boat anchor.

dissassemble , tank and magnaflux them
if they check out free of cracks
resurface (mill) the face
tumble the valves or toss them and get new
do a valve job
new springs and seals
then you might be able to run them

if theres no work on them as in bone stock.. I'd find another set

that head is ready to use ..
as a boat anchor.

dissassemble , tank and magnaflux them
if they check out free of cracks
resurface (mill) the face
tumble the valves or toss them and get new
do a valve job
new springs and seals
then you might be able to run them

if theres no work on them as in bone stock.. I'd find another set
I was told before purchasing them that they had less than 30 minutes of run time and were like new.:(

What a bunch of BS. Maybe 30 mins run time then stored at the bottom of the ocean for a couple years.

Nix

Who ever told you that the heads were good...should have their balls kicked in and jaw broke....They are a lying POS.. Steer clear of them

When I first read the post I thought it was a joke. Those heads have a lot of miles on them and then stored outside in the weather for a few years. I would find another set.

"I feel I need a tetanus shot just from looking at it. The only thing holding her together, are the bird droppings"

They really ARE ready to install on a shelf under your work bench. As stated earlier........they are HIGH milage heads that sat for a long time in someones Florida or Panama back yard. Send 'em back and buy a set from a local wrecking yard. Lots of 8445 heads still available. Sorry to hear about your purchase. Guys like that need that head tossed back at 'em.

This has to be a joke. You mean to say that just by looking at them you couldn't tell there was cause for concern?

D

Well since you are a new member, you did the right thing by making the post and asking the question.
As you can see from the responses, these heads should have been free for the taking, and we still would have thought twice about it.
At least you didn't try to run them on your car.
I won't tell you how many dumb purchases I made for the Buick over the last 28yrs....

Chuck

Before purchasing I asked vendor if these heads could be bolted right on as is plug n play they said were like brand new. I sent them these pics and explained that the thick carbon tells plenty and the hammered exhaust valve shows at least 60k miles . They replied with they were like new,so i figured we needed some more opinions. Thanks for the input.

They replied with they were like new,
Puff,puff.pass.

When you say "VENDOR"..... who did you buy them from???? Inquiring minds want to know.

I'm giving them the chance to make things right before mentioning names,incase it was a true mistake. If not made right all will know.

Wait a minute!! You sent them pix of what you received and they still claim they're like new?? They've had their chance to make things right and obviously are not interested. It's time to name names.

Back