You can type here any text you want

Check this out (video)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Scott Long

140+ mph club
Christopher Wise 11.16 sec. 1/4 mile video

here's the time slip

This car (93 SC auto) owned by Chris Wise of St. Louis has ran a best of 11.12@117.7mph w/ a 4.2L stroker block and an air/water ic. He also sprayed a 90 hp shot of nitrous but has ran 11.92 w/o the nitrous. Some of you guys might have seen his old black and silver SC that ran in the 11's but it was totalled and luckily he was able to salvage the motor, trans, rear end, and all the rims/tires.

I know its not GN related, but I figured it might be neat to see another V6 thats hauling ass w/ some boost. After all, if not for the GN, Ford might not have ever created the SC. I've got more video's of his car, racing a Lingenfelter TT Vette (well the old SC before the wreck), racing another SC, and some cool other vids.

Seems like the SC crowd is starting to advance in speed over the past year we now have 5 11 sec. SC's. Last year the fastest one was in the 12's and it had been that way for the past 4-5 years.

That car in the video is close to breaking into the 10's and that done w/ a supercharged 6 cyl on a car w/ full interior, A/C, and independant rear suspension.

To me thats pretty impressive, I mean most people would have thought that car would be stripped down to the bare minimums but it's not. Chris built that motor himself.

I know you guys are still faster in a straight line but we are catching up, plus the SC handles great in the twisties too.

Originally posted by Scott Long
I know you guys are still faster in a straight line but we are catching up, plus the SC handles great in the twisties too.

Catching up or Blowing up?

When one runs 10.7's with unmodified stock long block, I'll be impressed.

A 3400 lb TR is faster in the "twisties" than a 4200 lb T-bird, stock. Modified, it wouldn't even be close. Not too many people racing SC Tbirds in the curves. Lots of people have raced/are racing G-bodies (go to any circle tracK on a saturday night)

I beg to differ about that. We'll play chase the SC on the off ramp, or around the curved country side roads....

Plus the few GN's and G-Bodys (Monte SS's) I've driven feel like they are gonna float off the road when you get up around 110 mph. In my SC's I can easily pin the 120 mph speedometer out and feel like I'm in full control w/ no front end lift. Much more aerodynamic. Now for drag racing, the lighter weight, turbo engine, and solid rears are much better. Thats why I think its all the more impressive that an SC is knocking on the 10 second door.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE the Buick Grand National. Read my sig. I'm just trying to show you guys that we can run respectable times at the track as well despite having less time for aftermarket parts to be developed, having a smaller market for those parts, and taking a car that was more designed as a touring/highway car and making it get up and run like a raped ape.

When I get my GN, I'm going to obviously modify it. I'd be happy w/ a mid 11 second pass w/o nitrous. Maybe I'll get too addicted and have to run 10's, who knows. But I am gonna use one of my SC's as my daily driver and if I get beat in a race I'll go home and grab the buick.

I beg to differ about that. We'll play chase the SC on the off ramp, or around the curved country side roads....

Sure. I'll use my '86 Pontiac 2+2, though. Identical chassis to my '86 T-type with nearly the same mods (big rear sway bar, same stock front sway bar, same stock steering box, same eibach springs, same bilstein shocks, polygrahite bushings, GTA wheels, etc.)

I'm sure you'll be able to hang :rolleyes:

I just took a look at your site and saw your Pontiac. I've never seen one of those before, looks like an Aerocoupe. Nice job w/ the 502 and 6-speed thats sweet.

I bet it handles good. I'm talking stock for stock, an SC w/ kill a g-body in handling, look at any of the magazine articles and compare skid pad numbers. But stock for stock a GN w/ kill an SC in the 1/4 mile. You modded your G-body to handle better, Chris modded his SC to accelerate better. Whats the big deal. I'd love to see an SC w/ stock heads and cam run 10.70's but the weight and parasitic loss of turning a supercharger is going to prevent it from doing that. I'm wanting to see a kenne bell twin screw or paxton novi-2000 find its way onto a built SC motor and see what can happen. One guy was doing the kenne bell swap and had to fab up a custom intake, custom intercooler under the blower, and a bunch of other custom parts. Then he realized his cam had too much over lap and the car didn't respond to any more tuning so he is selling the setup w/ the custom parts and pulling the motor and dropping in an '03 Cobra SC DOHC motor. If I had the money around I'd buy the twin screw kit (have to get a new hood too since it sits up higher) but I don't have that kind of money I can just blow on "toys".

I bet it handles good. I'm talking stock for stock, an SC w/ kill a g-body in handling, look at any of the magazine articles and compare skid pad numbers.

A stock GN did .82 on the skid pad with 215/65 tires. Who still has 215/65 tires on their GN?

Back