You can type here any text you want

Check This Out!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
From what i've seen on ebay the reserve i am sure is higher than $12k on that car my guess would be it ain't sellin lower than $13k heck probably more than that.

Is that a lot of crap on the underside picture for only 5800 miles?

jpratt said:
Is that a lot of crap on the underside picture for only 5800 miles?
I agree. I'll bet it is 105k well cared for miles.
Probably a good deal if the price is right.

Wish I had the money, I like that interior.

zeus87gn said:
I agree. I'll bet it is 105k well cared for miles.
Probably a good deal if the price is right.

Wish I had the money, I like that interior.
Yep- Probably a "one owner" car, so the mileage can't be verified. Dealerships LOVE those!! ;) Then again- The driver's seat is mighty fresh looking. Wish there was a close-up of the brake pedal.

I think it really has that low of miles on it. I mean look at how new everything looks, the seats, the carpet, the trunk area. If it had 100k on it I dont think the seats and everything else would look that good. I think what is on the underside is mud from where the car is stored. If you look in the background you can see that is is surrounded by a dirt parking lot and that the ground is wet. There isnt that much stuff on the underside of this car, it looks like it has just a little bit om dirt on the underside.

Definately low mileage

That car looks to have no more than 5000 miles, the underside looks good to me. I just bid 10k on it so its over that for reserve. :)

Dang! I like that interior scheme way better than mine! That is sweet!

All of those pictures, and none of the motor. Probably hoping for people not to realize that it is non intercooled???

Like I said, "It's a dealership(BIG BUCKS)!" ;) OH- and when I was a purchasing agent for a car lot, I bought an '86 El Dorado that had 150k+ on it for $1200.00 at an auction(it had a 4.1 in it so it sold cheap). The car looked like it had 2k on it, it was so clean. Some people just know how to keep stuff looking good. That one had mostly highway miles on it, driving from In. to Fla. I drove it for over a year, and sold it for $1500.00. This MAY have just over 5k, but I'd have to see documents of some kind. The reason I got out of the dealership business altogether, was everyone was out to screw everyone else(without so much as KY, or a, "thank you") :rolleyes: !! Just venting :biggrin: .

I'll bet it is the same one, this is mine with new OEM interior 91,000mi

Attachments

• 84 GN1 (Medium).JPG
    84 GN1 (Medium).JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 200
Im always on ebay and I havent seen this car yet. The other 84 that was on here a few months ago that was supposedly nice had a T-Type hood emblem on the front header panel. This car doesnt have one.

2 low mile GNs? Or 1?

Possibly the same .....but I don't think this is the same one that came out of SW Wisconsin last fall. That one had a legimate 4999 miles. This guy I know owned this car and a very low mile 82 GN with the turbo engine - I was outpointed at a couple of shows by his trailer queens. He sold the 84 for $18K on ebay last fall.

Then a couple weeks later it showed up on ebay with a $23K reserve from a dealer. I might be able to find some info on the dealer just not at my finger tips. Anyway it did not resell on ebay. The curious thing is that the miles do match up. If someone had a CARFAX we could find out if this one has a history in the Badger state.

The WI car is FINE and could well be the lowest mile 84 out there. Buick motors had no way of verifying that, but according to the WI owner, some Detroit GM people had heard of no lower mile 84 GNs about 1 1/2 years back. So I guess this could very well go close to the reserve given that background.

My 2 cents.... dwall

dwall said:
Possibly the same .....but I don't think this is the same one that came out of SW Wisconsin last fall. That one had a legimate 4999 miles. This guy I know owned this car and a very low mile 82 GN with the turbo engine - I was outpointed at a couple of shows by his trailer queens. He sold the 84 for $18K on ebay last fall.

Then a couple weeks later it showed up on ebay with a $23K reserve from a dealer. I might be able to find some info on the dealer just not at my finger tips. Anyway it did not resell on ebay. The curious thing is that the miles do match up. If someone had a CARFAX we could find out if this one has a history in the Badger state.

The WI car is FINE and could well be the lowest mile 84 out there. Buick motors had no way of verifying that, but according to the WI owner, some Detroit GM people had heard of no lower mile 84 GNs about 1 1/2 years back. So I guess this could very well go close to the reserve given that background.

My 2 cents.... dwall
Part of the rip-off with Carfarts, is that if the car is a one owner, and never been totalled/flooded/etc.: they will take your money, and then tell you they have no information on it(doesn't matter what state it's in, or came from). It cost me $35.00 to find that out about 7 yrs ago.

2 different 84 GNs

Definitely two different GNs - one with T-tops and one hardtop. Here is the thread for a discussion on the SW WI car.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170900

As for CARFARTZ - its just another tool. They attempt to list change of ownership, registration changes, emissions tests etc. Some states also have vague branding standards on titles for flood damage, theft, salvage etc. So garbage in - garbage out as they say. You may need to know the state regs for any states involved in the paper trail for each car. That might help ask the right question and check authenticity of sellers claims.

another 2 cents I guess.

Back