Checking intermediate servo apply pin w/trans in car

PaulRV6

How can I check the servo to band clearance while the trans is still in the car? I plan on taking the pan off and valve body out but not removing the trans. I thought I would check other things while I am in there.
I would like to check this out.
Would a larger servo do me any good to help 2-3 and 3-4 shift firmness?
I have the GN servo installed now.

PAUL

How can I check the servo to band clearance while the trans is still in the car? I plan on taking the pan off and valve body out but not removing the trans. I thought I would check other things while I am in there.

PAUL

there is a GM tool that makes checking the band clearance in the car really easy but since you don't have one you can get a good feel for the clearance by removing the pan---------there is a small area where the band is visible------- take a 90 degree hook pic and gently place it under the band and give it a gentle tug-------you should be able to pull the band away from the drum a small amount---------kinda easy to judge once you have a feel for how tight it should be-------if you make no other changes i doubt that the change of servo alone will make much of a difference............RC

PAUL

Band has nothing to do with 3-4. And the band is coming off going into 3rd so not much affect there either. 2-3 mod help shift firmness for sure. Do a search or call Chris.

Jakeshoe also post his calibration on here..search.