Chevy to release 2 supercharged in 2004 model

gnjmp

Found of that Chevy to temporarily replace the Camaro is going to have a Impala SS that is a supercharged 3.8 (still FWD) and make the SS Monte Carlo the same, supposed to be out in late 2003 as a 2004 model.

Yup, I never understood why they didn't put the SC 3.8 in the Monte SS. I mean its trhe same Chassis as the Grand Prix, so why not.
I am really not all about the Impala SS. It was always a full size car with Balls. Not some mid size lame car with HP. Oh well, what can you do anyways.
Wonder what the New GTo will really have in it.

Originally posted by Kyle F

Wonder what the New GTo will really have in it.

an LS1 :D

no denying that. pretty much a monaro spec'ed for the US and a slighty nicer cam than an F-Body. The platform has been test and is technically in its second generation in Aus. The LS1 engine has been proven and this car will fly. :)

I'm going to be the first person to have a Devil Yellow GTO with heads/cam/full exhaust :) ...well maybe not the FIRST, but it will happen the week after the car is delivered.

Jon

If it really is that good, I wil have the firt one with a super charger on it with Headers exhaust cam and Programming. I though, am partial to black.

I hope its pretty much a USspec/programmed PCM so we don't have to get the AUS LS1edit.

I have 2 black cars already....... I need something different for a change

:cool:

Figurting I will need a custom program for the blower and other stuff to get max performance!

Just saw the Monte Carlo Supercharged SS tonight at a local auto show. Looks the same on the outside beside some "supercharged" badges. The inside was the same too just some new badges in there, but they wouldnt open the hood. I tried and got yelled at. Probably looks like a Grand Prix anyhow

Monte carlo to get V8

There will be a 5.3 Gen IV (LS4) V8 offered in the 2006 Impala, Monte Carlo and Grand Prix. :D

It be nice if they would put a V8 in a monte or impala but they just keep talking about it. I worked for a Chev dealer for a couple years and they did have a Impala (2000) that they shoved a 5.7 in with a northstar tranny. It was only one or two GM impala SS, ran nice, but back to what i was saying. They just keep talking about it and nothing else. Im a GM fan but they better do something, everyone else is releasing some nice rides out there.

I believe that they are going to start putting the series II supercharged version in the Monte and Impala. I don't get this...it's the same year as the Grand Prix comes out with the Series III

Originally posted by gnjmp
It be nice if they would put a V8 in a monte or impala but they just keep talking about it. I worked for a Chev dealer for a couple years and they did have a Impala (2000) that they shoved a 5.7 in with a northstar tranny. It was only one or two GM impala SS, ran nice, but back to what i was saying. They just keep talking about it and nothing else. Im a GM fan but they better do something, everyone else is releasing some nice rides out there.

Do you have pictures of this?
I have never heard of such a thing, and I don't see how an LS1 would fit.

Would like to see that.

no picture

I personnally have no pictures of this but you might find it on Chevrolets Website under motorsports. It travels around the country with the Chevy Thunder Tour. Thats if the tour still travels, I was told by the gentleman that it was put together by the great Mr. Moss himself.