You can type here any text you want

Chinese SUV Crash test

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
No wonder they say when you experience a wreck, it's like it's in slow motion. It really seems that way huh? :D :D

China is expecting to sell these deathtrap's in the US in 2007.

Spread the word.

Well, they got the crumple zone thing perfected, now they just need to work a bit on the safety cage :cool:

Wow, why even bother installing an airbag in that deathtrap? :eek:

That was downright scary from any angle.

John Larkin said:
Who makes it? Is it that Chery thing that Bricklin is into?

The car is a JiangLing Landwind. Its a Chinese made Isuzu trooper with a chinese made mitubishi engine. I don't know who is trying to import them into the US, but they are currently being imported into Europe.

When and if they are imported, they will sell for "less than $15K" for the 4X4 model.

PS: Ford owns 30% of Jiangling :)

It needs a collapsable steering column and a rubber steering wheel..
What was the speed of the vehicle when hitting the stationary wall?

BW

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:

BW

The test is the standard 40 mph offset.

I think it will take more than a collapsable steering collumn :)

The front tire practically reaches the front seat. I would image the steering box went right with it.

The metal appears to have no strength. It buckles, yields and tears when it should be "crumpling".

Just think of what 5 years of salted roads would do to this POS.

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:

BW
It would be good to know the speed and how other vehicles compare in that same crash.

darkred87T said:
It would be good to know the speed and how other vehicles compare in that same crash.

This was done at the stardard 40 mph that the Insurance institute for Highway safety does their tests at.

Here is a Jeep Liberty after the same crash:

image.ashx

image.ashx

Note the Libery is only rated "marginal" in this test, but the "A" pillar, firewall and roof isn't buckled and the tire doesn't go through the floorboard.

A good performing car would look like this ford 500:

image.ashx

image.ashx

The driver of the Chinese SUV was rated as "unlikely to survive" the same crash the driver of the 500 would walk away from.

Yeah Fords fold up pretty good, always have. That picture could help them sell cars to accident prone people.

A comparison between the Liberty and that Isuzu crash test should be in one of those "This Was Made in the USA" commercials. :p

I will bitch slap anyone who buys that!! If you can put a family member in it you got a problem. Need a 14k suv buy a 2-3 year old envoy/trailblazer.

gn4u2c said:
I will bitch slap anyone who buys that!! If you can put a family member in it you got a problem. Need a 14k suv buy a 2-3 year old envoy/trailblazer.

The now orphan in the car seat in back seems to be fine, but his dad got what he paid for.

Always remember the "population control" has always been a bigger priority for the chinese government than "safety".

People are having a cow about the 30 or so people killed each year in coal mines in the US. 5,000 People die in Coal mines in China IN A GOOD YEAR, and those are in the mines the government knows about. Thousands of "unregulated" mines exist and who knows what the death toll in those are.

Back