You can type here any text you want

chip and TC question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wicked6

I am running a 3000-3200 stall ArtCarr NLU converter. I am experiencing intermittent stalling and thought that the IAC needed to be cleaned.

TurboDave mentioned this
You're running an Art Carr converter. Has your chip been modified for high stall converters? It's an anti-stall change that needs to be made because the reduced inertia of the high stall converters also allows the engine rpm to drop faster than normal.

How true is this and does anyone know what would need to be changed on my chip. I currently have a custom chip, not from any of the major vendors, but using a chip burning software and 12 runs from my car.

There a few decel fuel cutoff parameters that need to be modified to take into account the lack of inertia on the crank.

So you think this is what is causing the stalling. I had a ME16 pos before and never had this problem?

Which parameters exactly?

Its the same parameters that need to be changed whenever you get that torque converter (when changing from original). Old programmer's remedy to speed up the IAC action.

Any code hacker has these (sorry but I am away from the home computer that has my copy of this data).

Back