You can type here any text you want

Chip Change?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
No

You need to do other things to the car first... fuel pump, air filter, thermostat, etc. Then a chip change would be beneficial.

I agree with Jay C. as the other things will prove more benificial. I would add fuel pressure regulator to the list (either an adjustable one or the "TTA" version if you want the stock appearance).

Once the basic mods are done, a chip change will definitely improve the idle, improve throttle response, and give you more horsepower. This equates to a car that is more fun to drive.:D

What is the part # for a stock type TTA FP regulator? Is it still available from GM?

What is the part # for a stock type TTA FP regulator? Is it still available from GM?
The fp regulator I referred to maintains 43 psi where the sock unit is 38 psi. They look identical (except for the last 3 digits of the part #) so you'll still have the stock appearance. The GM part # is 25523720 but I don't know if they are still available. However, they were made by Bosch and their part # is 0 280 160 237. Check with auto parts stores that sell Bosch parts as I'm sure they can get it.

Back