You can type here any text you want

CHIP, FUEL PUMP

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BENZ87GN

MY CAR IS BONE STOCK WITH 38K. OVER THIS WINTER I WANT TO UPGRADE THE CHIP AND FUEL SYSTEM. MY QUESTION IS WHO TO GET A DECENT HOT STREET CHIP FROM. QUAD AIR?? TURBOTWEAK?? HOW ABOUT THE FUEL PUMP DOUBLEPUMPER??
ITS GOING TO BE MOSTLY STREET DRIVEN WITH LEADED RACE FUEL(NO CAT CONVERTER) AT ALL TIMES TO SAFEGUARD DETONATION. ALSO, WILL THE HEATED O2 SENSOR LAST WITH LEADED FUEL? ALSO RECOMMENDED VALVE SPRINGS ARE LT1 WITH THE STOCK LC2 CAM??
HOW ABOUT PLUGS??

For the fuel system I would do 60 lbs injectors, Racetronix fuel pump and hotwire, and you don't need a double pumper unless you are shooting for single digit ETs.. TurboTweak or Bob Bailey chip.. Forget the race fuel and run an Alky control kit which allows you to run high boost levels with pump gas. Some say do not touch the valvesprings while others say to change them... Higher spring rate MAY cause a wiped cam lobe... Plugs used to be AC Delco but some people are saying they are crap now made in china. You might try the denso plugs...

For the fuel system I would do 60 lbs injectors, Racetronix fuel pump and hotwire, and you don't need a double pumper unless you are shooting for single digit ETs.. TurboTweak or Bob Bailey chip.. Forget the race fuel and run an Alky control kit which allows you to run high boost levels with pump gas. Some say do not touch the valvesprings while others say to change them... Higher spring rate MAY cause a wiped cam lobe... Plugs used to be AC Delco but some people are saying they are crap now made in china. You might try the denso plugs...

Thanks. I want to try to maximize the performance of the stock turbo.
Who makes a good cold air intake and downpipe?

WELCOME PILGRIM!
Good advice by lolo86gn. Your goals will help w/suggestions.(12's, 11's, etc.) Race fuel works well but is expensive and rquires the replacement of the o2 sensors often. Denso sensors and plugs are good, some use the ngk ur-5 plugs on stock heads w/ good success. Alchy is great for the majority of us and can go to 30+psi. The stk turbo is good to 21-23#s. The downpipes and cai can be had from vendors like Mark of TRCustoms, from who I purchased mine and the cai package is top notch. You have a broader choice when looking for a d/p. Just make sure you have all your mods before ordering your new chip.
Tuning is the most crucial of all your choices. You will have an advantage if you have other gn owners close by to help. At the minimum, a scan-master, if affordable a power logger will do alot to keep you running, and at the very least an audible alarm for knock.
Don't forget the use of zddp for the oil and check your valve spring pressures.
Again Welcome!

SHADOWII said:
WELCOME PILGRIM!
Good advice by lolo86gn. Your goals will help w/suggestions.(12's, 11's, etc.) Race fuel works well but is expensive and rquires the replacement of the o2 sensors often. Denso sensors and plugs are good, some use the ngk ur-5 plugs on stock heads w/ good success. Alchy is great for the majority of us and can go to 30+psi. The stk turbo is good to 21-23#s. The downpipes and cai can be had from vendors like Mark of TRCustoms, from who I purchased mine and the cai package is top notch. You have a broader choice when looking for a d/p. Just make sure you have all your mods before ordering your new chip.
Tuning is the most crucial of all your choices. You will have an advantage if you have other gn owners close by to help. At the minimum, a scan-master, if affordable a power logger will do alot to keep you running, and at the very least an audible alarm for knock.
Don't forget the use of zddp for the oil and check your valve spring pressures.
Again Welcome!

PILGRIM.....haha what are Bear claw from Jeremiah Johnson. My father inlaw calls me that

PILGRIM.....haha what are Bear claw from Jeremiah Johnson. My father inlaw calls me that

I actually "stole" the term from one of John Wayne's early western movies, from when our house hold bought our first TV back in 53. Which by the way, was soon after the release of the "great technilogical advance called -Television! My, how the years have flown by!

You should also consider beefing up the car itself. X braces in the trunk, poly body bushings and Bilstein shocks. Car will drive and handle much better.

Back