You can type here any text you want

chip ID

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jlat

hello; I'am new. I'am looking to ID a chip. The only ID it has is CMW8603. Any ideas?
thanks

hello; Thanks for the help but could you tell how you found that out? Is there a guide to the stock chips? Also how are aftermarket chips ID'd?
thanks

Originally I found that out because I have an 86 and that way my original chip :-). If you go to Turbo Regal Web Site there is a ton of info both in the tech articles and in the archives of old postings, including listings of which chip was what (briefly, most of 86 was CMW8603, late 86-all of 87 was ACXA (forget the numbers), and the emissions recall chip GM issued about 89 was BBKJ). Each chipmaker has their own labeling scheme. Red Armstrong uses RAoctane plus the injector size, so a RA93 is a 93 octane Red's chip. Eric Marshall (TurboTweak) uses TT and then lots of numbers. Sorry Bob, but I forget how Bob Bailey labels the Extender chips. Those are the three most common chips these days.

hello; thanks IJames.
Is there still a chip made (I almost bought years ago) that was ajusted with a thumb wheel with like 6 differant chips in it and a parkung attendant mode.
thanks

I think your talking about the chip with the 6 or 7 different settings and the valet mode that was made years ago, you can contact John at Caspers Electronics about that chip for information on it, not sure if it's still made or not.

Hi Carl, its been awhile ...

This prompted me to look at my notes where I had the 86 TR chip listed as CMW0602. Since the CMW8603 is the 86 stock chip, do you happen to know which car came with CMW0602?

I thought this might be a good opportunity to get my notes straightened out.
Thanks,
Dennis

Actually, Dennis, I may have spoke a little soon; I didn't catch the 2 vs. 3. I'll have to dig out my notes tonight and see.

Sharp eye, Dennis. My original chip was a cmw8602. Calif. car, if that matters. Don't know what an 8603 is.

Back