chip info

N

needboost

hi all. ok heres my thing. i'm unhappy with the chip i have in the car now (dont know what kind). i know for a fact that i wont pass emisions the car runs real real rich. the idle is kinda rough. what chip will get my to pass and idle decnt?

Do you have any modifications on your GN?

If not, pop in a stock chip for inspection.

the only mods i know of is the cold air induction, ram air, chip, cat back exhaust. and i do have a k&n on my pass. side valve cover if thta means anything

oh and i want something that will still get me good milage. i'm going about 150 miles on half a tank

I seriously doubt any aftermarket chips will pass emmisions regularly. I've had a lot of people do it with mine but I'm not going to sit here and tell you for sure that it will.

That said, the BEST THING you can do for yourself emmisions-wise is get a converter of some sort on the car, even if it's one of those high flow jobs. With a converter and a decently tuned car, it will pass emmisions almost everytime.

Good luck!

a converter? Jay do you do custom chips? how much do they run?

Originally posted by needboost
a converter?
As in Catalitic Converter.

Do you still have the cat on your car?

Do you still have the stock chip, or know of one that you could borrow?

yes i have a cat. i have no clue what kinda chip i have. the idle is rough kinda and it runs real rich (i can smell it)

If you have stock or 30lb injectors i have a ATR pit bull chip 50 state legal i passed emissions test in PA with this chip with a test pipe no cat $40 for the chip Thanks JIM

i mean emisions is not a problem but i just dont like the rich thing do these cars run rich?

Originally posted by needboost
i have no clue what kinda chip i have. the idle is rough kinda and it runs real rich (i can smell it)

Why don't you pull it out of there, give us the particulars, and maybe we can ID it.