You can type here any text you want

chip location

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Your question was one of my first questions after I got the TTA :)

Its hiding behind the map pockets directly in front of the pasenger seat. Approach it from the bottom side of the dash.

Good Luck :)

Just as lburou said, go in through the underside of the dash. Just pull the pannel facing the floor, the one with the liggh white globe in it that houses the floor light bulb.

Only other note I had was pay attention to the couple of inch plastic "pin" on top of the ECM carrier. It inserts into a gromet up in the dash. It will go in without hitting the hole but it will have no upper support thus has a little wiggle room.

Brent

Also, it is 2 or 3 bolts (trim screws) going strait up that hold the plastic holder in place, don't try to take the computer off the tray thing as it will be much more difficult:eek:

Whats wrong with having the computer on the floor :D

Mine worked fine on the floor....

BUT, it soon showed some "intermittant" fall outs on the turbolink recordings....I think the connections got loose. So, I put it back where it belongs after I got the Extender chip in there :)

Back