Chip ok until coolant temp gets to certain degrees

ACME RACING

( Adult Swim )
A club member has a chip that works ok until the engine warms up to 150° then seems like it runs on 3 cylinders and the service light blinks... Can a program cause this :confused: He's not sure who made the chip since it came with the car in a bag... Other chips work ok, just this one....We wanted to know what program setting would cause this :(

Your running a chip without knowing what it is?.

That's like a stranger offering you medication, and taking it. It could be deadly.

Try retreiving a code.
Sounds like something closed loop related, could be anything. too rich too lean, all kinds of stuff. If you don't get any codes, might have to resort to a scanner, but if you have *known* good other chips, why bother?.

DS Read

Alan,
If he's coming to the club meeting Sat. by driving with another chip then I could bring direct scan and pull my ecm and plug in his car to see if we can tell anything code and data wise after the meeting. I've got DS setup so its easy to get out of the car at the moment. I can also bring my chip reader and pull the image to take a look at so see what he's got.
Just let me know,
Mark

Unknown chip

His scanmaster cuts off when it acts up. :confused: strange. He won't be at the meeting , he has to help move his Mom to a new house . He's a new member . Thanks Mark for offering help..... alan :)