You can type here any text you want

Chip options for MSD 50s

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

lyonsd

A while ago I head something about Jay Carter "variable timing" chips. Are these still available? And if so, are they available for MSD 50s?

And what exactly are these "variable timing" chips? Do you have one? Do you like it?

What are some other chip options for 50lb injectors?

Thrasher?
Lubrant?
Amrstrong?

Others?

Thanks.

my caspers 8 pos chip has different settings...and each setting has a different timing setting...if thats what you mean ...i have 50lbers too ...it works great for me

I really liked my Joe Lubrant (PTE) 93 street chip. My car had never ran better.

The Extender chip for the T+ is also absolutely awesome, but you need to have the whole setup to make use of it.

The variable timing chips control the timing based on boost, load and RPM. It's not the same thing as a thumbwheel chip that has different settings. Essentially it just gives you more control over your level of timing.

You need the Turbolink boost sensing harness and a 3 bar MAP sensor to use the variable timing chips, You don't actually need Turbolink.

If you'd like to contact me about it, feel free to email me privately and Ill answer any questions you may have.

Originally posted by JayC
You need the Turbolink boost sensing harness and a 3 bar MAP sensor to use the variable timing chips

Where can you get these?

Back