You can type here any text you want

Chips; GN vs TTA. Are they the same ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dadsbad

Can anyone tell me if a chip from a GN will work in the TTA ecm?
Thanks, Jim :)

I thought the tta was setup for a 3bar map and the gn was setup for a 2bar?

The TTA got VATS but it's not supported by the ECM Chip to turn off the fuel injectors like on other f-bodies, think the ECM can't support it or something like that.

Jolly460 said:
Doesn't the TTA use VATS also?

Same 100% identical ECM on both cars.

VATS is a separate deal on the TTA and kills your starter.

Chips

Could you explain VATS on TTA; does that mean that a stock chip from a GN won't work in a TTA, or a chip for 30#ers along w/same injectors for a GN will or won't work in the TTA properly?
Thanks,
Jim :)

I just swapped my Max Effort chip for 50s from my GN to my TTA w/50s. Worked perfect.

I heard there was a difference in the way the two chips controlled the cooling fans?

Razor said:
Same 100% identical ECM on both cars.

VATS is a separate deal on the TTA and kills your starter.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I ASSumed it was like the other 3rd gen F cars where you can bypass VATS through the chip (or with resistors). :cool:

In the TTA the ECM has nothing to do with the VATS, but for all other F-bodies the VATS module also sends a signal to the ECM and turns of the fuel injectors so this can be removed from the Chip. In the TTA the VATS module turns of the starter that is it.

Back