Chris Chow's TT GN

Woody,

Chris's motor makes 400 more hp than the Galina's.
If you put Chris's motor in the Galina's car it would go high 6's.
The fastest buick v-6 was Kenny Duttweiler's Cutlass.
He went 6.89@ 204 with it. With his new 280ci v-8 motor he has gone faster. Put Chris's motor in it and it would go 6.4s.
The SBF and SBC Turbo Motors are making 2400hp.
Kenny Dynoed a BBC that made 3000hp. The v-6 is a great motor it just can not compete with the same technology and 150 to 300 more cubic inches.

This is a buick v-6 board and should stay as such.
I for one do not mind hearing some turbo related brand X information.

as far as I know, Chris' car hasn't made a 7 sec run?

a V8 should sure as hell make more power than a 207-274 cu in V6, don'tcha think?

Brand x is fine, but there is a whole lot more of them out there than the 'lil V6........so I consider Chris' car not all that unique

I would still bet John would win the drag race until Chris does a lot of sorting out:)

There's no doubt you can make more power with a V8 than you can with a V6 (all things equal)....... Two more cylinders and more cubes with basically the same setup/technology as our turbo V6 motors has proven to be an awesome combo (single turbo SBF Pro 5.0 Mustangs are running mid 6's @220+mph)!!!

But...... if you gave me the choice of building a Buick V6 or a SBC/SBF V8 (knowing that the V8 is capable of more power) I would personally take the V6! Why you ask? Because it's something different!!!!!

How many fast V8 cars do you see at the track? The answer is a whole helluva LOT (I'd say at least 95% of the fast cars are powered by a V8)!!! Now honestly how many fast 6 cylinder cars do you see? The honest answer is NOT many!

And to make this even more clear how many fast cars do you see at the track that are powered by something with the name Buick on it?? The answer is you're lucky to see one at the track (I guess that could depend on where you live)........

Bottom line is I like the uniqueness of the Buick V6 compared to all of the damn V8s you see...... Also, how cool is it when you beat one of these V8 guys and they ask you what you have under the hood and you can tell them "just a little old V6":D ;)
Sure it's turboed, but it's still a 6 cylinder........

Just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside LOL!:) :cool: