You can type here any text you want

Chrome door moulding

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LIVE4RDO

IMG_0043.JPG
Howdy

My chrome doir strip (not sure if original) lookes like crap. But the problem is that iver years its glue ate paint underneath. So after pulling it off there are spots where paint is missing.

Needless to say, I have to replace it. It looks like chrome and black strip.

Does anyone know where I can buy a correct one and how much do I need?

While on that note, who sells the most correct door edge guards (chrome)?

Thank you as always

View attachment 296513 Howdy

My chrome doir strip (not sure if original) lookes like crap. But the problem is that iver years its glue ate paint underneath. So after pulling it off there are spots where paint is missing.

Needless to say, I have to replace it. It looks like chrome and black strip.

Does anyone know where I can buy a correct one and how much do I need?

While on that note, who sells the most correct door edge guards (chrome)?

Thank you as always

Nobody sells correct reproduction side mouldings. Every once in a while, NOS ones show up on eBay. Same with door edge guards, but you should be able to find decent used ones since they are stainless.

That is pretty damn close.
I assume since u r looking for black it's not for your red car. Did u notice the p/s moulding isn't straight on the red car? Will you be replacing it too? That moulding came from Car quest. They were bought by Advance so I don't know if they still exist. The moulding on the d/s is original. Kirban used to sell black moulding that he claimed was close to original. I would call him.

Last edited:
I assume since u r looking for black it's not for your red car. Did u notice the p/s moulding isn't straight on the red car? Will you be replacing it too? That moulding came from Car quest. They were bought by Advance so I don't know if they still exist. The moulding on the d/s is original. Kirban used to sell black moulding that he claimed was close to original. I would call him.

It is for the burgundy car. The one that came off was black and chrome, I thought. I have no choice but to replace it since the paint under it all gone.

I think dark maple is more of a brown shade. Either of the reds that you listed should work. Maybe they could send you a sample?

Back