Cigarette Lighter Not Working

Hedge

Ok let me start with I am ignorant when it comes to eletrical components. I purchased a GN August 2005 and am working slowly on making a nicer car out of it. It has a performance problem I am trying to nail down and I had a buddy hook his scan tool up but there was no power coming from the cigarette lighter. I did the obvious and pulled the fuse panel and looked but I did not see any fuses labeld cigarette lighter. I do see a few spots that have nothing in them but they might be that way by default because of car options (not sure). I pulled the radio faceplate off and pulled the cigeratte lighter out and looked at the connection there which seemed to be fine. So I am kind of stuck. Two questions.

Is there a fuse for the cigarette lighter. If so which one is it and what Amps is it?

Are there any other common problems that would cause this I could check for?

Thank in advance for your help.

A long time ago I made a similar post....My dome lights did not work either....It was the fuse for that circuit. :)

The fuse blew becausethe cigarette lighter has a short. Replace the lighter. :)

carrddine said:
I am curious as well as my cigarette lighter doesnt work...It used to :mad:
mine was a little rusty inside, wouldnt work, it had power w/test light
replaced it pep boys help section for like 6 bucks

anyone have a part number for the lighter socket? my element is good but the socket in the dash is all bent up

Ok I ran down to the local O'Rileys auto parts store and picked up a new cigarette lighter and socket. The socket has a ground connector but my old lighter did not. At any rate I hooked up the power and the lighter works now. Apparently it had just gotten kind of rusty. It was a perfect fit.