You can type here any text you want

Circuit City, Best Buy, and American????????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jretrodude

Why is it all 3 of these companies do not know how to hook up a CD player in my GN? They tell me it has a hidden amplifier somewhere for the concert sound system? And they don't want to mess with if for fear they may blow up the cd player? What do I do in order to get a cd player hooked up to where all 6 speakers work as they would if it was from the factory? Any suggestions?:confused:

Do yourself a favor and go to a real audio shop not a box store.

First thing you need to know and have ready for any installer is what speakers and their impedance is in the dash, the doors, and the rear deck, and any other speakers you may have hooked up such as a sub. box.

After that it's simple impedance matching for the front speakers and rear speakers to whatever receiver/CD player you are looking at.

Which one might that be?

Don't really have any good audio shops locally?

What all is involved with hooking up the concert sound speakers to a cd player and subs and all of that? Is there an amplifier somewhere hidden possibly for the concert speakers:smile: ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

There is no amplifier for the concert sound, it is a speaker package only.

Front and doors are in parallel and rears are all alone.

How to hook it all up would depend upon if you are running stock Delco speakers or aftermarket ones?

So what speakers are you using and are they hooked up to the stock wiring?

I believe the stockers are 10 ohm speakers.

Most upgradeable ones people use are 4 ohm speakers so how it is all wired up can and will affect the connections needed to the aftermarket or sometimes even the stock head unit.

i know of a good shop but it's on n-w side of the city. called mk auto on cicero ave had them do a few syst. for me and they are pretty fair with prices

I have concert sound in mine. I do everything myself. I have a seperate amp on the highs though(dash speakers, door speakers, etc). I found it easier to run those through a 4 channel. Good luck. No amp for the concert sound speakers either. Those are a bunch of morons!:rolleyes:

They probably think that it is one of the Bose systems that GM used to put in cars. Who knows, maybe they still do. I don't buy anything from this century.

That's just creepy. I meant cars. But you already knew that. I hope.

Back