You can type here any text you want

Ck Billit Servo Install

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cpac

CPAC
Boy O Boy Am I Having Trouble Installing This Servo With The Trans In The Car,,,,i Removed The Stock Gn Servo And Installed The Billit One Believeing That The Pin Was At Its Proper Place In The Band,,as Spring And Pin Stayed In The Pin Hole And Band Or So I Thought ....well After Installing New Servo And Road Testing The Trans The 1 2 Shift At Half Throttle Is Flareing So Badly That I Believe That Pin Is Not In The Band Hole...soooooooo I Redid The Whole Thing Over With The Trans Pan Off ,i Secured Band On The Inner Part Of The Trans With A Long Screwdriver Weged Between Band And Case And With A Light And Mirror Tried To Aleign With A Small Screwdriver The Band Hole So I Could Slide My Pin And Spring In ,,,then I Installed My Ck Billit Servo ,hoping It Was In The Right Place,,,,,i Am Right Back To A 1 2 Flare Helppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Mabye the pin is too short. You should only be able to push the cover in about .06- .09 in. with the snap ring in.

If you search this forum there are over 100 in use.if you are continueing to have a problem setting clearances phone in and we can help.we actually made the servo .050 " taller.

Cris ,,i Phoned You Today ,but Your Wife Told Me You Where Out....i Will Phone You Tommorow Morning ....am I Miss Aligning The Pin With The Band I Am Really Lost And Dont Want To Take Down The Trans

You may have hurt the drum/band when the pin was not engaged in the lug. I would drop the pan again and verify that you caught the band lug. You can have someone run it between first and second with the rear wheels off the ground and verify the operation of the servo by pushing on the cover while its in first and watching it push the cover back when it goes into second. Ive missed the lug before while the trans is in the car. This is a pain in the a$$. Verify the sealing rings are not hurt also. I find it hard to believe that the pin is not long enough because the way the servo is machined there is and extra .050 thickness in the stackup as Chris stated so the pin is actually in further than it previously was unless the pin was shimmed in with a stock servo to a deeper depth and the shims were omitted. The 3 ring pin and CK's servo should put you in a good position with no more shimming needed unless the drum was cut excessively at one time.

This is exactly what i believe is happening,,I missed the band lug twice...but when i drove the car slowly the trans shifted 1 2 3 probably the servo pin is still pushing on the lower part of the band ,,applying just enough preassure on drum to slow it down

is it just the 1-2 shift or is it all shifts. i thought i broke something one time because the trans was flaring horribly, but turns out i stomped alittle too hard on the go fast pedal and my TV cable popped out of place because of the jolt. stupid old parts!!! if cables fine then disregard this comment!!!

Bison How Do You Verify If You Got The Pin In The Lug ...it Is Impossible To See With Trans In Car.. The Band Tends To Spring Up And With My Old Eyes I Am Not Sure What I Am Seeing In There..my Kids Are Older Then You Lol

Bison How Do You Verify If You Got The Pin In The Lug ...it Is Impossible To See With Trans In Car.. The Band Tends To Spring Up And With My Old Eyes I Am Not Sure What I Am Seeing In There..my Kids Are Older Then You Lol

I can tell by feel when i put the cover/servo in the case. I use a wide blade screwdriver to hold the band in place. You can use the screwdriver and hold the band then insert the pin a few times to see if your going to hit the band and get a feel for what its like when it engages properly. Its easier this way because you are not working against spring pressure. If the screwdriver hasnt moved then the assembly should go in the same way with the springs in place.

Back