ckperformance 2004r manual

Opening Word Doc files

I just opened it OK using MS Word. May need a later version or maybe missing a file converter?

<<here is a link to what it looks like .im having a hard time putting it in order.any suggestions?using microsoft word.cant trim picture borders on the illustrations.>>

It is best to 'clean up' the scans before inserting them into the MS word document. Once inserted as a 'picture' into MS word, they are much harder to edit. I am assuming the scans of the ATSG manual diagrams are what you are referring to. Are the scans of the manual bitmap (.bmp) files? If so, then the MS paint application or another image processing app like COREL Draw can be used to clean up the scanned file prior to inserting it into MS word.

How about the digital pictures? Are they JPEG (.jpg) files prior to insertion? Again, other imaging software can be used to crop and enhance the JPEG images prior to insertion into word. Then you can use MS word to drag them around and place them into the text where you want.

I would also use the spell check feature of MS word as well.;) MS word can frustrate at times since it converts certain files to its own internal format in order to be 'user friendly'. :rolleyes:

Send me a couple of the scans you want cleaned up in their original file format, I will see what I can do with them and let you know how to proceed. Send to KEhrhardt@aol.com or Chvl66@aol.com.

In Word:
1. click on picture to be edited
2. from toolbar, select "Format", then "Picture"
3. 1st screen shows "crop from" - select an amount to reduce borders
4. click "OK".
5. re-do if size not acceptable.

For orientation:
1. right-click picture
2. select "Edit Picture"
3. new window opens
4. from toolbar, select "Image", then "Rotate"
5. select "By degree"
6. use a small number (1 or 2)
7. click "OK"
8. re-do as needed
9. when done close window

hey, this is michelle.. i appreciate everyone's help with this. i understand how to resize, rotate, and brighten, etc. this is the problem: the items scanned obviously have no border. what i need to do is create one around the picture evenly. (thin black line) the other problem is the illustrations. after scanning they come out with a uneven border. when i remove the border as per KE's instructions (thank you!) i now need to create a new improved evenly lined border around the illustration. this is my problem. i would like everything uniformed. can anyone school me on this?? any help/suggestions much appreciated...again-lol. my personal e-mail is chelle914@aol.com if anyone would like to chat. thank you all in advanced

Hey Michelle,
In order to get the border around the picture, right click on the picture to select it, pick 'Format Picture' from the menu. A format picture dialog box will appear. Select the left most tab 'Colors and Lines'. Under 'Line' change the selection from 'No Line' to a color of your choice (I normally just use black). Click 'OK' and voila! you have a border around the picture. You can play with the border color and thickness of the line from this dialog box. Hope this helps. :)

Kurt

Chris,
Are these books available for all variations of 2004R's and if so, how much are they? I'd like to get one to go with my Monte Carlo 2004R?

yes it is.they are 40 bucks.now that we know how to put the borders i can drive my wife insane until she finishes it.im sorry for the delay but itll be worth it.

some feedback

Chris and Michelle,
Awesome job. The only problem I see is sometimes it is hard for me to tell which picture is what figure, esp with some of the color pictures. You may want to format it to make this clearer. Great job so far :)

It is easy to attach a text box with the name of the figure included within the border of the figure. There is usually available space for this. If not, the text box can be included just below the figure. The text box is then 'grouped' with the figure, so as it is moved around the document, it is all moved as one entity. Then there will be no doubt what each figure or picture is.

border

kurt, Michelle here, i followed your instructions however there is a problem. i right click onto the pic, then i hit format pic from menu, i click color and lines, now, here's my problem. it will only let me make a selection under fill... no fill or a color. it will not let me select an option in lines or arrows for that matter. was my computer set up like that and do i need to change properties somehow?? please help-lol thank you.....again

Michelle, I hope that Chris isn't whipping you too hard to get this project done, but I gotta admit that I'm really looking forward to getting my copy :D.

Hi Michelle,
Right click on picture to select, pick "Format Picture". Select "Position" tab, click "Float over text" check box. Select "Colors and Lines" tab, now drop down menu boxes under "Line" should now be available. Select your Line color, style and thickness. You should have a border now. Let me know how you make out.

Kurt

hey kurt, i have no "positions tab". only colors and lines, size, layout, picture and web