Classic Fast-File request

Tony Smith

Anyone have a good file for a mostly stock '87 GN they'd be willing to share. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I caught a deal on a used Classic Fast off of a GN and pretty sure the file in it now is going to be a little too wild for what I need. (72lbs inj. etc.) If you do have one just let me know and I'll shoot you my email address.

Last edited:
You should change the injector size to what you currently have and then start from there. If your car is mostly stock - almost no one will probably have a file that you won't need to tweak anyway... lots will get you started, but the same amount of tweaking will need to be done to get the idle right, etc.

I'm presuming that this fast box you got has a WB02 and 3 bar map that you need to properly get your car going?

Thank you for the reply, yes it does have the WB & 3 bar map. I was starting to worry only having one post was causing a delayed answer..although I've been a member since 3/2006. I tried to login after being away for several months..and nothing!..wouldn't even recocognize my log in name/email address to send a lost password. Things do seem to look a little different around here.....

Although I've used LS1 edit & couple other several years ago, mostly typical head/cam type tunes, I'm feeling like I'll be back to tuning 101 not being familliar with some of the table names & correlations. Outside of searches, do you know any good resources I could look for that would help those?

Where are you located, maybe a member or a vendor is close enough to help

That will be a great help Thank You. I haven't extracted the file yet. I got the box, adapter harness, siemens deka 72# inj, and a 3 bar map off of ebay a few weeks ago for $200 buy it now..and it wasn't even my birthday! A good friend of mine knows Kevin Winstead at Comp Cams/ FAST & sent the control unit to him to have it checked out and the box checked fine. The adapter harness has a wire tagged "pin 7 inj harness", I need to look into that (no wiring instructions for the harness) and then I'll be ready to do the install and start pecking away at buttons...the way work is right now that may take a couple of weeks though.

pin 7 is the power feed at the inj harness for the injectors
just cut the red (or pink) wire on the inj harness (its the one odd one in the corner of the connector)
and connect it to the red wire from the fast harness

i have a 36# tune i ran about 10yrs ago on my 87x for stock turbo and alky (went 12.0) , but that tune is a long way off from a stock 28# tune on pump gas

knocking the dust off of this one almost a year later....would you be willing to let me have a copy of the 36# tune & alky/stock turbo?...that where I'm at now