You can type here any text you want

Classic FAST & IAT sensor Q's w/pics???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BIGONTS

I'm cleaning up some wiring on my car while the motor is out. I have a Classic FAST. I noticed that the IAT sensor was not utilized and now I want to use it for logging purposes. I got a new sensor and installed it on the back of the lower intake. Previously, there was not IAT sensor on the intake pipe, IC up pipe, etc..???

When I found the plug, I noticed this plugged into it? (See pic, Long black plug near my pinky) The loom has two other plugs that goes between the cam sensor and stock harness and goes straight to the 3 bar map sensor. If I want to use the IAT, do I just unplug it from the long black plug that goes to the map sensor and plug it in to the stock wiring harness??

An input is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• 2011-05-07_00-24-52_391.jpg
    2011-05-07_00-24-52_391.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 250
  • 2011-05-07_00-27-04_549.jpg
    2011-05-07_00-27-04_549.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 225
TTT, can anyone help me out?

Attachments

• 2011-05-07_00-24-52_391.jpg
    2011-05-07_00-24-52_391.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 197
I am not familiar with your harness, but will say that installing the IAT sensor in the correct location is critical for the FAST to make the correct fuel calculations. Your tune will certainly change once it's in the proper location.

Sorry everyone. Those two plugs splice in between the tps sensor not crank sensor. Talked to some people and it might have something to do with the Alky kit's on/off trigger???

That looks like the old boost logging harness used with turbo link

If you have a Fast, get rid of that adapter harness and wire the iat to the iat sensor. Wire the map directly to the Fast.

To make things clear... Get rid of that harness or you'll be sorry

Thanks for the input Julio. Is there another harness that I can get or am I going to have to do some custom wiring? Thanks

What is missing on your factory harness?

The factory stuff is fine. Just put your car wiring wise to factory and all you need is to extend the iat connector to the intake manifold.'but that's just two wires. The factory MAP plug will plug into the 3 bar. You may need to wire 5v and ground to it but that's it

What is missing on your factory harness?

The factory stuff is fine. Just put your car wiring wise to factory and all you need is to extend the iat connector to the intake manifold.'but that's just two wires. The factory MAP plug will plug into the 3 bar. You may need to wire 5v and ground to it but that's it

Everything looks to be there as far as the factory engine harness goes. I found the MAP plug with the digital dash boost plug right by it. I'm not sure if I'm going to use that one as I do not have digital gauges and have GNX gauges??

How do I know if I need to wire 5v and ground to the sensor? Do you have any directions on how?

I will extend the IAT wires to reach the back of the intake.

Thanks

Everything looks to be there as far as the factory engine harness goes. I found the MAP plug with the digital dash boost plug right by it. I'm not sure if I'm going to use that one as I do not have digital gauges and have GNX gauges??

How do I know if I need to wire 5v and ground to the sensor? Do you have any directions on how?

I will extend the IAT wires to reach the back of the intake.

Thanks

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/alcohol-nitrous-propane-tech/211821-3-bar-map-digital-dash.html

That will keep ya busy reading :D

The above is sage advice for the IAT, but it appears your 3 bar MAP may not be hooked up correctly. Confirm the FAST Bank to Bank adapter has the pinouts from the B to B box to the ECM similar to what John has listed in the following in the the FAST A-K and FAST L-Y columns:

Note the file is titled XFI, but covers B to B in the left column and XFI in the right column.

Specifically if the wire from the "FAST “A-K” CONNECTOR" A1 goes to B6 in the Buick ECM wiring harness you need to connect the output from the 3 bar MAP into the B terminal of Mass Airflow Connector. From the Mass Airflow Connector, I made a harness taking the +12 volt from terminal A and the ground from terminal C through a Radio Shack 5 volt regulator to power the 3 bar MAP sensor. The resulting signal is then fed back into terminal B

The three bar map sensor is wired with terminal A the ground, terminal B the output and terminal C needs the 5 volt supply.

Here is the source for the regulator:
+5V Fixed-Voltage Regulator 7805 - RadioShack.com

Using the old Turbo Link harness using the 5 volts from the TPS to supply the 3 bar MAP sensor then feeding the output into the IAT was a way to log pressure in one of the permutations of Turbo Link. That harness could be adapted to feed the data into the Mass Airflow Connector.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks for the help Loyd. If you are in Brookfield, you're about 20 min away from me. Once I get the car going I'll bring it by someone local that can double check everything for me, if you are up for it or anyone else.

Thanks for the help Loyd. If you are in Brookfield, you're about 20 min away from me. Once I get the car going I'll bring it by someone local that can double check everything for me, if you are up for it or anyone else.

Sure will be more than happy to take a look at the set up. There are quite a few guys around here that knows these systems.

Back