You can type here any text you want

Classic Fast - TPS values @ WOT inconsistant

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Blazer406

Mechanical Engineer
I am not sure if this matters.... or is normal or not.....

Clasic FAST Sequential..... LC2...... stock TB and TPS

On the datalog.... when you nail it.... it goes to like 80%.... then one frame later... (0.05 sec)...it is like 65%.... the 75%.... then 80%.... fluctuating bewtween 60% and 85% duting the entire run.

I would think it would stay at 85% the entire run if that is what WOT is.

I don't see any way to rescale the TPS calibration on the classic box..... like the XFI has....

Is this normal?

What does it read with key "on" car not running? The TPS value isn't extremly critical except for "clear flood" needs to be over 80% and if the TPS is changing rapidly it could add some TPS AE Fueling

What does it read with key "on" car not running? The TPS value isn't extremly critical except for "clear flood" needs to be over 80% and if the TPS is changing rapidly it could add some TPS AE Fueling

It appears to be around 10% give or take....

The WOT fluctuates between 59% and 80%......stays mostly between 70 and 80 %.... with a few negative spikes down in the 60's.....

I might could fiddle with the TPS to try and get more spread......

It appears to be around 10% give or take....

The WOT fluctuates between 59% and 80%.

I might could fiddle with the TPS to try and get more spread......

That sounds like to much. Maybe try having someone fiddle with it while you have it at WOT w/key on engine off. Possibly bad contact in the connector or something.
Did you verify the cable is pulling the TB completly open ?

Allan G.

Here is a screenshot.....

Attachments

• 20psi tune.jpg
    20psi tune.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 123
That sounds like to much. Maybe try having someone fiddle with it while you have it at WOT w/key on engine off. Possibly bad contact in the connector or something.
Did you verify the cable is pulling the TB completly open ?

Allan G.

Will check that......

Just was noticing all the fluctuation.... and thought I would ask.....

Since that datalog....I've backed the timing down a couple degrees and fattened up the AFR target to 11.0:1.

I would verify everything with a multimeter. Verify the 5 volt referance isn't changing, verify the ground is good, and verify the TPS voltage at the meter matches the FAST TPS voltage. I'm suspecting the 5 volt referance may be bad. If it is, you can probably steal it from the dash vai the MAP plug

Back