You can type here any text you want

Classic FAST wiring problems

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1of1547

Village Idiot!!!
I am having a problem with my Classic FAST system on my Buick. I am almost 100% I have a bad wire somewhere but can't find anything wrong. I sent the ECM to Craig Smith and he could not find anything wrong with it. I also got a new Caspers wiring harness adapter. So that should be able to rule those two out. All three of the lights are on on the adapter harness box will light up when I turn the key on.

When ever I turn the key on the cooling fans come on. If I try to connect my laptop to the the ECM it just says no ECM found. I would like to ohm the wires out and see where my problem is. But I can't find any wiring diagrams that go from the factory ECM harness to the FAST ECM. Does anyone know where I could find these?

Thanks,

Comm wire backwards?
On my classic system the comm harness was wired backwards. Switched the outside wires at the weather pack connector and every thing was good. One is TX the other is RX and the middle is the groung.

Attachments

• RS-232 DB9 conn..JPG
    RS-232 DB9 conn..JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 458
Thanks for the info guys. I found the no ECM problem. One of my pins are broken on my serial port. It has always been broken, so i didn't think it was needed. When I ohmed out the cable I found out it was needed. It is the center wire on the FAST end.

John the pin outs you have a link to are for an XFI. Are the same for a Classic FAST. Thanks for taking out time and talking to me today!!!:biggrin:

Actually, the chart shows both classic FAST and XFI pinout equivalents. Somewhere I have a more comprehensive chart that shows the GN pins as well.

When ever I turn the key on the cooling fans come on. If I try to connect my laptop to the the ECM it just says no ECM found. I would like to ohm the wires out and see where my problem is. But I can't find any wiring diagrams that go from the factory ECM harness to the FAST ECM. Does anyone know where I could find these?

Thanks,[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem a few days ago where the Fan would come on when I turned on the Ignition. But then it stopped.
Is it normal to have one of the Red Lights always on even with the Key OFF.
Lights on the Casper Jumper Box for the Classic FAST??

I found some of my problems. I didn't have the orange wire from the battery to the ecm connected. I am running my battery in the trunk and was under the impression that it didn't need to be connected. As soon as I connected the orange wire to the battery it started right up. Didn't run good but it fired up. When I got my FAST system I was using a Precision harness. It has a power wire and grounds that run back to the battery. John's harness doesn't require the separate wires. His is all plug and play. My coolant sensor also crapped out. When the car hit 120 or so degrees on the dashboard the temp. would drop down to -5 degrees. I changed out the coolant sensor the fans started working correctly.

But for some reason my wide band stopped working. I replaced it with a new WB and it still does not work. I ohmed out all of the wires and everything looks fine. It's always something!!! :biggrin:

Is it normal to have one of the Red Lights always on even with the Key OFF.
Lights on the Casper Jumper Box for the Classic FAST??

One of my lights stays on also. When I didn't have the orange wire hooked up it would go off with the ignition switch. Now that the orange wire is hooked up it stays on all of the time.

One of my lights stays on also. When I didn't have the orange wire hooked up it would go off with the ignition switch. Now that the orange wire is hooked up it stays on all of the time.

Ya,,,I spoke with John at Casper's and it's OK. One of the Lights will saty on as long as the Orange Wire is connected.
Everything is OK with my car now.

Joe

Back