You can type here any text you want

Clearing CarFax errors

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

joejakegrace

Stupid, relatively unimportant question but here is the deal.

I bought #791 in 2004 with about 16700 miles on it. When I bought it, the bill of sale of course had the mileage and I completed my application to my state DMV at that time. Since it was November, I waited a couple of weeks until the weather cleared and drove the car to emissions (required to register). The emissions guy checks and enters the mileage into the computer (like 16,760). Then, I go to DMV (drive straight there) and register. DMV enters the mileage from my Bill of Sale and application (70 less miles). So now CARFAX shows it as a "Warning" or whatever their key word is.

Of course I can readily explain it and I plan on keeping the car, not flipping it - - but does anyone know if CARFAX has some sort of "explain it and resolve it" mechanism???

No you can't really clear it. The only thing you can do is if you decide to sell the car provide the explanation for why the warning is there. It will show both the times the mileage was recorded and they'll be able to see the 70 mile difference.

Back