You can type here any text you want

Close Call on Valve Spring change

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dsa87gn

Spent the morning changing valve springs and seals on my car. First time I've ever done them.
I was bolting on the rocker arms back on the passenger side, went to align the pushrods under the rocker and the #6 exhaust rod slid down and almost disappeared into the engine:eek:

I was able to get it with my magnetic pick up, but man did I crap. I was unware these could get past the lifters.

Can these fall all the way into the engine ?

I had the same thing happen to me about a month ago, same as you with the 'oh krap', nooooooo. The top of the push rod was just visible at the bottom of the push rod slot in the head. Used one of those really strong hard drive magnets to retrieve it.

I was then a lot more careful when handling the push rods.

RemoveBeforeFlight

what springs did you go with? I am thinking about this myself.

thanks,

Den

I used the com cams 980'. I dont trust my small compressor enough so i stuffed like 10' of 3/8" vacuum hose into the cylinder to keep the valves up. I bought a kirban valve spring tool and spare rocker shaft a while back that worked real good for compressing them.

Back