Clutch replacement in G80 rear

Twistin6

Can anyone tell me if I have to pull the axels to replace the clutches and S spring or can it all be done from the differential cover?

Yes you need to pull the axles & better to just do it on the workbench. Easy job. Just put them back in the same as they came out. Takes 1/2 hour at most.

what parts are neeed and can they still be purchased from GM ? Do you know the PNs by chance ?

Yes I purchased the kit just last week from GM. It came with all the clutches. The S spring was seperate but I got it from GM as well. Thanks for the replys

You also want to get a new GM carrier pin bolt...comes with loctite on it... they have been known to snap when you try to remove them...I also replace the carrier pin...not really necessary but while you're in there...why not...the job can be done easily on the car...no need to remove the carrier...hardest part is getting the spider gears back in...S spring can be a little bit of a pain too...

Hey,

Anyone have a picture or know what order the clutches and plates go in? I have a carrier that's empty so it's a puzzle for me on how they go back in. :wink: