You can type here any text you want

coil over advice

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

garrett

I recently acquired some nice pieces of front suspension and brakes from a good friend. I got some upper and lower tubular A arms that are made for springs or coil overs. I think they are Strong Arm brand? Anyway, I want to ditch the stock springs and go with coil overs. I know that I have a couple of choices from the vendors here on the board. I was looking at the one GNS performance sells at around $700 and the one Gbodyparts sells for about $600. Anyone tried these parts and have an opinion?

I recently acquired some nice pieces of front suspension and brakes from a good friend. I got some upper and lower tubular A arms that are made for springs or coil overs. I think they are Strong Arm brand? Anyway, I want to ditch the stock springs and go with coil overs. I know that I have a couple of choices from the vendors here on the board. I was looking at the one GNS performance sells at around $700 and the one Gbodyparts sells for about $600. Anyone tried these parts and have an opinion?
Well here is my opinion,

First of all your only talking a $100 difference here and with that said I think the Ridetech shock and their warranty would be a more superior shock. Not just because we sell them but because I have seen the failures first hand by some of the other manufactures with little to no warranty to back them up.
We support and sell DSE & Ridetech for several reasons. One we believe they are amongst the best "Handling" suspension products on the market today. Two, these companies are out there at many pro-touring events across the country each year putting their products through rigorous real world testing so we as customers know were getting a product that "Works".. Three is the fact that they stand behind their products and their customer support is outstanding!

On your upper and lower a-arms are they the Ridetech "strong arms"? If so, I would recommend staying with Ridetech coil over shocks as they are designed with their lower a-arms. Ridetech lower A-arms are built with a so to speak 2"Drop incorporated in them which keeps their shocks at a 5" travel.

Some benefits of Ridetech coil over & smooth body shocks:

* You get a 1,000,001 mile warranty with Ridetech coil overs or Smooth body shocks. (Warranty specifics can be seen in the link in my signature)
* They offer a $100 off in a coil over trade in program, trade in your Old and receive a $100 off your order.
* Unparallelled Tech support.

Back