Coil-pack ground wire? Where??

11secGN

Chasing a miss problem in my friends GN, in digging through the archives I see people talking about making sure when you change coil-packs that you re-connect the ground wire that attaches to the hoop bracket at rear center of bracket. I see no ground wire in sight, am I missing something? Anyone have a pic they can send/post of it. This is a low-mile original 87 GN, and if so should a just maka new one myself? This phantom groud wire come from the main harness, or is it similar to the braided engine to body ground? THANKS!

The coil pack circuit goes through the base of the module. There are captive star washers on the module bracket as well as the 2 that thread on to the studs on the top of the intake at the rear of the plenum. Ive seen the 2 at the top of the intake loose on cars before. They had severe missing under boost.

11secGN said:
Chasing a miss problem in my friends GN, in digging through the archives I see people talking about making sure when you change coil-packs that you re-connect the ground wire that attaches to the hoop bracket at rear center of bracket. I see no ground wire in sight, am I missing something? Anyone have a pic they can send/post of it. This is a low-mile original 87 GN, and if so should a just maka new one myself? This phantom groud wire come from the main harness, or is it similar to the braided engine to body ground? THANKS!

Just get a braided ground strap & run from firewall to intake or coil pack bracket or back of head but just make sure its grounded along with turbo bracket to frame strap. Another is gas tank to frame & gas tank to sheet metal. These cars like ground wires! I know from eating fuel pumps!!