You can type here any text you want

COIL PACK

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

klmnla

Watson LA
There is a sticky blue substance between the coil and the ignition module. Is this normal? Is this some sort of heat sink? I can actually see the terminals on the top of the ignition module where the connector is.
GN coil.jpg

There is a sticky blue substance between the coil and the ignition module. Is this normal? Is this some sort of heat sink? I can actually see the terminals on the top of the ignition module where the connector is. View attachment 172090

That is not normal. That is an indication of a very bad ignition module when that happens.

If you don't belive me take the module to your nearest auto parts store and have them test it for you, most of the larger auto parts chains can do that.

I may go ahead and replace it. I can get the LX338T from Rock Auto for about $62.00.

klmnla said:
I may go ahead and replace it. I can get the LX338T from Rock Auto for about $62.00.

Look up board member "BOGIE86".... He has some modules and coil packs for sale. Great Guy

not normal its getting hot from missfires. stick with gm. you are just wasting money

That is not normal. That is an indication of a very bad ignition module when that happens.

If you don't belive me take the module to your nearest auto parts store and have them test it for you, most of the larger auto parts chains can do that.
its not supposed to be any glue type residue, or not blue?mine is all yellow type glue

Glen from www.NOS4GN.com will take care of you and probably be cheaper too... he also supports our forum and is a nice guy. Cannot beat his customer service.

aaron

Back