You can type here any text you want

Coil springs for LS swap ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1984 t-type

Murphy's Law
Was wondering if anyone here has done a LS swap and if so did you have to change your front coils do to a weight difference in motors ? My suspension needs to be upgraded anyway so I was planning on running moog 5608's front and 6337's rear solely based on searching what guys are using around here, but most of you have 3.8's so I'm just wondering if I would still wind up with a 1" drop with these springs. My block is a all aluminum 6.0 LS2 out of a 08 Trail Blazer SS

Stock V8 springs comes to mind. Not sure where to get the specs, tho, or if there's a difference..
The specs may be in the service manual. I have 1. Will look and see.

i'd say to try the stock TR springs, but if they don't seem quite right then go with springs for a Monte SS and go from there.

Just didn't want to experiment can only afford to do this once trying to get it right the first time. Anyone know the weight of a turbo 3.8 engine ?

Stock V8 springs comes to mind. Not sure where to get the specs, tho, or if there's a difference..
The specs may be in the service manual. I have 1. Will look and see.
Stock springs for the turbo Buick is the same one that was used in the V8 cars Chuck. Not sure why they did it but they did for some reason.:confused: If you're looking for a stiffer stock height spring then I think you're fine with the choice you made.

i was actually looking for a slightly stiffer and about a inch or so lower than stock front and back

The wt of the 3.8 is 400 to 450#s.
The original springs for the front were rated at 347 lbs/in (MOOG 5606) and the HD springs for the diesel model was 425 lbs/in (MOOG 5608) but wasn't used on most V8 cars. The NA springs were MOOG 5600.

Back