Color change...

I'd have to jamb the car regardless. Mine's had a drivers door put on it at some point and it was the wrong year (has incorrect year mirror) I have a mint '89 Trans Am door with the correct ground effects sitting in my garage to go on it (An awesome junkyard find for $60). My car doesn't have the original block/ transmission/ and it has a GMPP Dana 44, so NONE of the driveline is original. I'll probably end up going back white, but I may go with a more modern bright white.
I've seen a few repaints that have a whiter white. Sitting next to another TTA they really stand out.

I loved the T/A in bright red with tan int. and gold lace wheels. That's the color combo that first drew me to the T/A body style. There is a metro Detroit guy that has a 15K mile car that he painted bright white. When it comes to the TTA I think it hurts thre resale value, but if your keeping the car I say do what you please. There was a black one on the TTA boeard for sale for quite some time, but it did finally find a home.
KID

I say go for it. My buddy Dave just painted his white turbo Iroc a custom blue pearl, came out awesome...

IMAG0344_zpswun5hv61.jpg

IMAG0436_zpslgfu0mo9.jpg