You can type here any text you want

Color of fender vents?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNRick

Retired member
I'm having my gnx clone painted and was wondering what color the vents should be? They are cheap plastic ones bought at BG last year. Should they be satin black like the headlight bezels or something more shiny to match the paint? Thanks!

I'm having my gnx clone painted and was wondering what color the vents should be? They are cheap plastic ones bought at BG last year. Should they be satin black like the headlight bezels or something more shiny to match the paint? Thanks!

satin black

What color are they currently?

If they are the original molded stain black color just leave them as-is and install them.

Post a picture of them if you can. I am not a big fan of painting the plastic parts on our cars. (Headlight bezels, Vents, Taillight trim) I find they have a much better finish un-painted just like when they came from the factory.

Post a picture of them if you can. I am not a big fan of painting the plastic parts on our cars. (Headlight bezels, Vents, Taillight trim) I find they have a much better finish un-painted just like when they came from the factory.

I left them at the body shop. Will take a couple days to get them. thanks.

I have a new set of headlight bezels in a box, so I know exactly what color the bezels should be. Can someone with a GNX tell me how close the color of the vents are to the bezels? Hey, can you also tell me if the fender flares are the same color as the body? Thanks.

The vents and bezels look to be basically the same color.

The flares are painted the body color.

GNX Flares

Have your painter go ahead and shoot them with same black base of the car. Then instead of using the high gloss clear, have them use a low gloss clear. With many modern clears this is an additive that can be mixed in the unused high gloss at the end of a painting session. This will give you reliable UV protection and durable paint for cleaning and the heat you are going to pull through them from under the hood.

Good luck on the project.

Have your painter go ahead and shoot them with same black base of the car. Then instead of using the high gloss clear, have them use a low gloss clear. With many modern clears this is an additive that can be mixed in the unused high gloss at the end of a painting session. This will give you reliable UV protection and durable paint for cleaning and the heat you are going to pull through them from under the hood.

Good luck on the project.

I'm a little confused (nothing new). The heat would affect the vents, not the flares. Are you referring to the vents? If so, are you saying to paint the vents the same color as the body?

Sorry for the confusion. If your "vents" are like the ones I used they need some work to fix the pinholes, casting marks, rough edges, etc. After this prep work you will need to get some color (black) on them again to cover up the primer and or filler that was used. At this point just color them and top off with the low gloss clear. This will produce the satin finish that was on the original X'S. If your car is being refinished these parts can be handled like any other body part i.e. bumper fillers, spoiler pieces, etc.

Or for a few hours less work just rattle can them with Krylon satin black.

Good Luck

Body shop painter has asked me a couple times what is the best glue for the fender vents? I thought maybe he could heat them up before he installs them, to get them to mold to the countour of the fender. He said that would just melt them. So I need to know the best way to install them. Any help is appreciated.

Back