Columbus! Roll Call / Random Batter

turbocliff

I Slang in my white T
Didnt want to continue whoring Phils thread, so might as well get one started for Columbus.

I am in so long as the beater lives through this weekend at Byron. (For those who don't know this sat is the midwest turbo buick meet at Byron raceway in Byron, IL.)

Take pics, or better yet take some video..

My request: White stripes :)

White stripes ftmfw! Between Cliff, Scott and myself (notice I'm last on the list:redface: )....there will be many a white stripe to go around:biggrin:

White stripes ftmfw! Between Cliff, Scott and myself (notice I'm last on the list:redface: )....there will be many a white stripe to go around:biggrin:

I hope to pass out a few white stripes at Columbus, but the ones I give at the Midwest Challange might be a different color.... :cool:

The typical Columbus curse I have suffered from the last 2 years has struck again:mad: I don't understand how the car can be running perfect one day than chitty the next. WTF! I'm stumped right now trying to figure this one out. Car will not go over 6K in 3rd gear. Data logs show a very rich mixture but I have not changed anything. I'm hoping it's a coil pack....looks like I'll be fighting this damn thing Saturday at the track:mad: :mad:

The typical Columbus curse I have suffered from the last 2 years has struck again:mad: I don't understand how the car can be running perfect one day than chitty the next. WTF! I'm stumped right now trying to figure this one out. Car will not go over 6K in 3rd gear. Data logs show a very rich mixture but I have not changed anything. I'm hoping it's a coil pack....looks like I'll be fighting this damn thing Saturday at the track:mad: :mad:

I have a coil pack and module, I also have a cam sensor if you want to test with. I will bring them both to columbus Kevin. Have you tried plugs? Tim's car wouldn't go over 5000 last year at bpg it turn out to be plugs. It ran fine up to 5000 then went fat.

BPG No Show

Kevin,

You and Cliff will have to lead the White cars to a victory. I just found out last week that National Trial will require an NHRA license and cage certification to race there (I have neither). I have all the basics, but there are still things I would get dinged on. For example, a friend told me which firesuit is required to run nines, so I bought it. Now I find out you need the next level of protection because we have turbocharged motors.

I may drive down Sunday to cheer you guys on. Good luck!

Kevin,

You and Cliff will have to lead the White cars to a victory. I just found out last week that National Trial will require an NHRA license and cage certification to race there (I have neither). I have all the basics, but there are still things I would get dinged on. For example, a friend told me which firesuit is required to run nines, so I bought it. Now I find out you need the next level of protection because we have turbocharged motors.

You can print a nhra form to take with you to any doctor and they will temp cert your cage at the track. They have never checked Tim's license just his cert. and belts. Those white car's you named aint going to do it:eek: they need you man.:D

Kevin,

Scott if you are going to columbus you might as well bring the car. the rules aren"t as tight as every one is trying to make them out to be. Call me .

Kevin,

Scott,

I never heard about the firesuit issue before. I go to a very strict track here locally and they never said anything about that. I've heard the rumors about how strict NT is...I'm still going to go. I have a game plan set forth:cool: 10's all day Saturday in qualifying then run the car out Sunday. I'd be suprised if they kick anyone out during eliminations. If they do, I'll kick the head guy in the balls lol.

Scott. What extra protection are you talking about because of turbo motors?

Steve,

If you go by the exact letter of the rules, a non turbocharged motor requires clothing rated at 3.2A/5 to run 7.50 - 9.99. If the motor is turbocharged, the clothing rating is 3.2A/15 to run the same times.

Scott.

Looks like we are going have about 5 cars or less because of the rules or rumors of them. That sucks!