Combat Focus Shooting

87-WE2

Back in business!!
I just took an 8-hour course this Saturday called Combat Focus Shooting. I give it a thumbs up. It's a great course for anyone who carries on a regular basis. It really trains you to THINK about pulling your weapon

87-WE2 said:
I just took an 8-hour course this Saturday called Combat Focus Shooting. I give it a thumbs up. It's a great course for anyone who carries on a regular basis. It really trains you to THINK about pulling your weapon

App fart - wasnt done with the post.

...makes you think about pulling your weapon or not. It also seems like a good course for maybe a once a year refresher. Concentration is not only on the physical motions of unholstering, drawing, and firing, but also on the mental focus of whether to do so. It's a great accompaniment to the basic watered down CHL classes I've been to. Those teach you the absolute basics, but every time i've been through the chl clases, there's more than one idiot in every class that makes me think "that guy needs to learn his weapon better". This CFS class will force you to become intimately familiar with the pistol you carry. It will reveal to you any weaknesses you have about your accuracy during pseudo-high pressure shooting situations. I was surprised at how relatively difficult dropping an empty mag and re-loading a new one was under just a mimic of a high- pressure situation was for me. It really showed me what i need to work on in order to be prepared.

If anyone around the houston area is interested, pm me and i can make a recommendation on an instructor that holds his class at thunder range just southeast of conroe. Sounds far out there, but it was definitely worth it.