You can type here any text you want

Cometic Head Gaskets

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FastGN007

I need to get a set of Cometic head gaskets. The only one I see listed on their site is .040 thick. I saw a while back that one of the vendors had an .054 and an .067. Anyone know where I can get these and what thickness are you running?

Thanks,
Scott

I need to get a set of Cometic head gaskets. The only one I see listed on their site is .040 thick. I saw a while back that one of the vendors had an .054 and an .067. Anyone know where I can get these and what thickness are you running?

Thanks,
Scott

Call Champion Racing Heads.

Intake manifold fitment issues arise if you use thinner head gaskets, or if you mill the head/bolck face. Using a head gasket that is .039"-.040" (plus a Fel-Pro 1200 intake gasket) usually requires the intake flanges to be milled about .080" PLUS you need to discard the end rubber seals and just use silicone. After torqueing the heads down, lay the intake manifold on the engine and measure the gap. "trig" out the required milling to get things to sit right.

Some of the fel-pro "head gaskets" for these engines run in the .039/.040 range when torqued.

Back