You can type here any text you want

Coming down to Orlando

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Quick Turbo V6

Define stock!
The wife and I are coming down to do the Disney thing. We are going to be there over Valentine's day. We would like some suggestions on where to go eat a nice dinner that night. Any other thing/places are cool/fun to do or see.

Thanks,
Scott

You would probably like Race Rock. It is like a Hard Rock Cafe but devoted to racing. Hydros, funny cars, bikes, etc on the walls, ceiling, etc. It is East of Disney on I-4 about 5 miles or so Can't miss it as it sits right on the South side of I-4 with a big Monster Truck in front. Get directions on Mapquest.

Terry

If you are not familiar with the area and would like a more intimate place to eat I might suggest one of the two Bahama Breeze restaurants in around that area. One is down at Lake Buena Vista Dr at I-4 and the other is across the street from Race Rock on International Dr. They are both more or less for the tourist but they have better drinks and the menu isn't southern fried and burgers like RR. It is one of my wifes favorite places so we are probally going to be there Valentines Day although it will be at the one further east at Hwy 436 and I-4 in Altamonte Springs.Sorry I cant recommend anything better. Just about every eating place in Orange County is a franchise of some type. Maybe someone will post one of the better Mom and Pop places. I'm looking for some new ideas too. Me personally, if you have more than a day and want to go off the beaten path than you have to go to the Fantasy of Flight air musuem off of I-4 around Lake Alfred I believe. Go south down I-4 from DW about 30 minutes and its around exit 25 or 28 I think. The last time I was there I took the wife on bi-plane ride and I think they are doing balloon rides this spring. They restore the planes on site and have this really amazing machine shop where you can watch the guys build parts. I watched some guys overhauling a twin bank radial engine and that was better than watching a tear down in the top fuel pits. Plenty of interacting exibits too. And of course if you can do a Saturday night make sure you check out the street rods at Old Towne in Kissimmee.

tlturbo said:
You would probably like Race Rock. It is like a Hard Rock Cafe but devoted to racing. Hydros, funny cars, bikes, etc on the walls, ceiling, etc. It is East of Disney on I-4 about 5 miles or so Can't miss it as it sits right on the South side of I-4 with a big Monster Truck in front. Get directions on Mapquest.

Terry

I have been to the Race Rock before. The first Race Rock was up here in Michigan along time ago. We are going there one night to eat, just not Valentine's day. I have to take the wife somewhere nice that night :biggrin:

Thanks,
Scott

turbofish38 said:
If you are not familiar with the area and would like a more intimate place to eat I might suggest one of the two Bahama Breeze restaurants in around that area. One is down at Lake Buena Vista Dr at I-4 and the other is across the street from Race Rock on International Dr. They are both more or less for the tourist but they have better drinks and the menu isn't southern fried and burgers like RR. It is one of my wifes favorite places so we are probally going to be there Valentines Day although it will be at the one further east at Hwy 436 and I-4 in Altamonte Springs.Sorry I cant recommend anything better. Just about every eating place in Orange County is a franchise of some type. Maybe someone will post one of the better Mom and Pop places. I'm looking for some new ideas too. Me personally, if you have more than a day and want to go off the beaten path than you have to go to the Fantasy of Flight air musuem off of I-4 around Lake Alfred I believe. Go south down I-4 from DW about 30 minutes and its around exit 25 or 28 I think. The last time I was there I took the wife on bi-plane ride and I think they are doing balloon rides this spring. They restore the planes on site and have this really amazing machine shop where you can watch the guys build parts. I watched some guys overhauling a twin bank radial engine and that was better than watching a tear down in the top fuel pits. Plenty of interacting exibits too. And of course if you can do a Saturday night make sure you check out the street rods at Old Towne in Kissimmee.

I'll have to look into those places when we get down there. Sounds like a cool place to go.

Thanks,
Scott

Back